PSW Power

JohnSub

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2023
The reviews there look the same as what we get on this forum. people order stuff that they don't understand and probably doesn't match what they have, then they blame the supplier, or they think it's going to be like Amazon, where you order something, it comes the next day, and you can send it back if you change your mind, then complain when it isn't like that.
The reviews there look the same as what we get on this forum. people order stuff that they don't understand and probably doesn't match what they have, then they blame the supplier, or they think it's going to be like Amazon, where you order something, it comes the next day, and you can send it back if you change your mind, then complain when it isn't like that.

Last edited:

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
No I am not a bot. I wrote both comments on Trustpilot and here as I wanted to give my experience of dealing with this company. Sorry just responding now !

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
Yes they are the same as I wrote them both on the same day just to give my experience of dealing with the company. It hasn't been a good experience and would hate others falling into the same situation.

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
I also had many trouble-free orders with them. The problem with ebike stuff is that it's easy for users to get things wrong if they don't know what they're doing. Generally, if you buy a complete set of parts from the same supplier, they all work together, but if you mix and match from different suppliers, there can be a lot of settings and connection issues that need to be sorted out.

Knocking from the motor can have many causes. In ten years of sorting out these sort of problems on this forum, I can't remeber there evr being a knocking motor where there was something wrong with it:
  • Cable damaged
  • Connector not on far enough
  • Incorrect connection sequence - can't always go colour to colour.
  • Incorrect settings
  • I also had many trouble-free orders with them. The problem with ebike stuff is that it's easy for users to get things wrong if they don't know what they're doing. Generally, if you buy a complete set of parts from the same supplier, they all work together, but if you mix and match from different suppliers, there can be a lot of settings and connection issues that need to be sorted out.

Knocking from the motor can have many causes. In ten years of sorting out these sort of problems on this forum, I can't remeber there evr being a knocking motor where there was something wrong with it:
    • Cable damaged
    • Incorrect settings
    • Failure to do the self learning when the controller has it
    • etc
    [*]It's always better to find the cause of a problem than start replacing parts.
  • etc
It's always better to find the cause of a problem than start replacing parts.

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
I also had many trouble-free orders with them. The problem with ebike stuff is that it's easy for users to get things wrong if they don't know what they're doing. Generally, if you buy a complete set of parts from the same supplier, they all work together, but if you mix and match from different suppliers, there can be a lot of settings and connection issues that need to be sorted out.

• Cable damaged
  • Incorrect settings
  • etc
It's always better to find the cause of a problem than start replacing parts.
Many thanks for your comment. The motor I bought from PSWPower was fitted and tested by bike engineers from Decathlon and was declared faulty. I have a video if you want to view it. I am happy that you've had a good experience but I am only stating my experience in response to the previous question about PSWPower.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Many thanks for your comment. The motor I bought from PSWPower was fitted and tested by bike engineers from Decathlon and was declared faulty. I have a video if you want to view it. I am happy that you've had a good experience but I am only stating my experience in response to the previous question about PSWPower.
Just a bit weird, though, isn't it that the guys who know how these parts work never have any issues?

I wouldn't trust bike engineers from Decathlon as far as I could see them. How do you know they didn't drop the motor and damage the cable. I've seen "bike engineers" from Halfords cut a motor cable to fix a puncture, and I've seen other ones try to fix a loose disc brake with their super screws because they didn't like the cheap Chinese ones, then wonder why the motor wouldn't work. I wonder if that's what your Decathlon guys did? I've had to fix all sorts of such issues over the years I've been dealing with ebikes.

I would like to see the video please. Post it here if you can.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
There's quite a few negative reviews on the Decathlon site. Decathlon are nowhere as big as Halfords in the UK. There are more bikes sold in Halfords than the whole independent bike shop sector in the UK. Personally my local Halfords scores better than the main independent bike shop on google reviews. The point is I would not trust Decathlon staff to be always full competent especially a product they are unfamiliar with as in many ways they are similar to Halfords. They would probably struggle with ebike parts even on their own ebikes.

I sent a frame to the US via ebay and a shop there was given the task of building the frame into a full bike. To cut a long story short the frame was likely damaged by the shop as the damage was not evident in the photos. It's possible the frame was damaged in transit but the bike shop in the US made a lot of confusing claims that just complicated everything. So in the end I wasn't sure if it was damaged in transit or the shop but on this rare occasion ebay sided with me and didn't take back the payment I received. I think mainly because the shop spouted such nonsense and was often conflicting information. I've had more issues personally with independent bike shops. I think bike shops often struggle with anything a bit out of the ordinary, out of their comfort zone you could say.

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
There's quite a few negative reviews on the Decathlon site. Decathlon are nowhere as big as Halfords in the UK. There are more bikes sold in Halfords than the whole independent bike shop sector in the UK. Personally my local Halfords scores better than the main independent bike shop on google reviews. The point is I would not trust Decathlon staff to be always full competent especially a product they are unfamiliar with as in many ways they are similar to Halfords. They would probably struggle with ebike parts even on their own ebikes.

I sent a frame to the US via ebay and a shop there was given the task of building the frame into a full bike. To cut a long story short the frame was likely damaged by the shop as the damage was not evident in the photos. It's possible the frame was damaged in transit but the bike shop in the US made a lot of confusing claims that just complicated everything. So in the end I wasn't sure if it was damaged in transit or the shop but on this rare occasion ebay sided with me and didn't take back the payment I received. I think mainly because the shop spouted such nonsense and was often conflicting information. I've had more issues personally with independent bike shops. I think bike shops often struggle with anything a bit out of the ordinary, out of their comfort zone you could say.
sorry mate couldn't post it here