PSWPower after sales service?

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
I did give a warning in post #6 in the TSDZ2 thread about the cable guide under the bottom bracket:

To anyone contemplating the same kit, you will need to file down the cable guide and shorten it a little bit so it's just tall enough to hold the rear derailleur cable. It is not difficult but time consuming to do, as I did for my Giant. http://wooshbikes.co.uk/2018/tsdz2/giant.jpg

Also on the web page, it's a common issue for all bottom bracket motors:

Be aware of the physical issues around the bottom bracket:
Like the BBS01B, the TSDZ2 will fit bottom brackets whose shell is 68mm or 73mm long.
However, the space between the motor's bottom bracket and the motor's housing may not be enough to accomodate your cable guide.
If your bike has one mounted under the bottom bracket shell, please email us a picture for advice.
Also, if your bike has a side kickstand mounted close to or right behind the bottom bracket, please email us a picture for advice.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?cdkit#tsdz2
My humble apologies to you guys at Whoosh, when I read this at the time I did not know this related to the underside of the bottom bracket (I had no idea what a bottom bracket was!) where the gear cable is threaded, might I suggest a couple of pictures to illustrate to make it easier for others? Also advise new purchasers to upend the bike so they can see for themselves.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
might I suggest a couple of pictures to illustrate to make it easier for others? Also advise new purchasers to upend the bike so they can see for themselves.
will do Tony.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
ok Guys, I have the new Whoosh kit all fitted and working. It's a Tongsheng 48V 250W TSDZ2 kit with new VLCD5.

As in my previous post I had difficulty with the rear derailleur bottom bracket guide. I decided to remove the motor again and see what I could fabricate to replace the guide which had been discarded by the bike mechanic. I searched through his collection of old dumped bikes at the back of the shop and found a couple which were of a much smaller profile than the original.
I upended the bike and set to work with my dremel.
3/4 of an hour later, I had finally removed enough material to allow the motor to fit and still left enough material for the guide to do it's job.
I feel much happier now that the guide is back in place.

Road test. It has been really shitty weather here in Bournemouth for the last few days, but I was impatient to try the bike and yesterday gave it a bit of a run. It wasn't a hard rain just spits and spots. I needed some stuff from the supermarket so I headed off to our local shopping centre, Castlepoint, just 4 miles away. The route from the Bournemouth University is very urban for most of the way, with a little bit of parkland at Redhill, mostly on the flat. The local council has just spent 2 years and millions of taxpayers money with traffic holdups for years putting in new cycleways along this route, so I thought I'd give it a go. In the 4 miles I spotted only one other cyclist going the other way.

The bike performed flawlessly, everything worked as it should, and the motor was virtually silent. I haven't tweaked anything, other than setting the wheel size to 700. There is one slight gradient on the return journey and I did not even need to change gears. The motor responded beautifully to my slight increase in pedal effort and I just glided up this slight incline. There was also a bit of a breeze, about 15mph against me on this gradient.

So far I have been very impressed, It has performed just as expected, did I mention how silent it is?

When the weather improves I will take it to the town centre and try my luck at the infamous Richmond Hill.
I can't believe our idiot council actually put a cycle lane up this hill. I have never seen any cyclist attempt it, I certainly wouldn't without assist. In the old days of trolley buses the conductors made every passenger get off and walk up this hill because the bus just wouldn't make it with a full complement of passengers.
My Whoosh Sunbear had a bit of difficulty up this hill, my Eagle Freego wouldn't even look at it.
I will report back after my attempt with this kit.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
The weather was beautiful yesterday but cold. A family birthday luncheon precluded me from going on the bike, although I was looking out of the window, chafing at the bit.
Today really cold wind and no sun, but managed to get into town and attempted the Richmond Hill climb.
Very impressed, I put it in the lowest gear and the highest assist level and she just glided up the hill with just a whisper of motor noise, effortlessly at 6mph with me making a token effort at pedalling just to show willing.

With these results so far I have no hesitation in recommending this kit. We will have to see what it is like in a year's time to be absolutely sure.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Down through the Bournemouth Gardens cycle paths to Bournemouth Pier, then along to Sandbanks. Beautiful day, sunny and slight breeze. It's too silent and with all the pedestrians in the way bell working overtime, just tootling along with no assist for most of the way, 5-6mph. Others have complained the TSDZ2 motor is noisy, maybe that is from the earlier production models, or perhaps I just scored a silent one.

I rather think I'll just leave it as stock for a year or so, then when the warranty runs out get an LCD3 and tinker with the firmware. I think the open-source firmware has settings which extend battery life and is kinder to the motor, if Whoosh can supply the LCD 3 so much the better.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the TSDZ2 can only use with Tongsheng LCD: VLCD4, VLCD5, VLCD6 and XH18.
They are programmed to speak the same protocol.
All the TSDZ2 are fairly quiet, a little quieter than the GSM and BBS01 anyway.

Reactions: vidtek