PSWPower Delivery Problems anyone - resolved

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Edit - Problem resolved - item arrived today unexptedly - just a glitch in their admin I guess

• April 2023 - my mate ordered at TSDZ2B from PSWPower over a week ago but no delivery notice as yet.
  • They did email them and the response sort of indicated that they'd get onto (as in maybe forgotten/delaying tactic?) but still nothing.
  • So anyone else having delivery problems at the moment? Maybe there's stock shortage or something?
  • Personally I've ordered 3 of these motors (a while back) and friends more recently, all without problems - in fact delivery from Germany to the UK has typically been around 5 working days.
  • They paid by Paypal so money is 'safe' but it is unusual for these sort of delays

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If there really are no taxes when shipped from Germany, their BBS01B kits (with DPC18 display and brake levers, without battery and chainwheel [I already have a 48T spare]) are bargains at £243. No mods required ;)

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
If there really are no taxes when shipped from Germany, their BBS01B kits (with DPC18 display and brake levers, without battery and chainwheel [I already have a 48T spare]) are bargains at £243. No mods required ;)
Yep great price, but I can't seem to get the price that low when configuring..have you a link please guerney ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yep great price, but I can't seem to get the price that low when configuring..have you a link please guerney ?
Hope it's not a website bug... but... I started by deselecting everything, then selecting Germany, selecting the display & brake, and leaving out chainwheel:

Attachments

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hope it's not a website bug... but... I started by deselecting everything, then selecting Germany, selecting the display & brake, and leaving out chainwheel:

View attachment 51114
ahh i see, did you manage to add to basket/place an order? killer price, might have to get a spare for the spare lol

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@egroover - Aaarrggghh a chainwheel must be purchased lol. £289.75. I'm still very tempted...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
ahh i see, did you manage to add to basket/place an order? killer price, might have to get a spare for the spare lol
No, (Aaaarrrgghh!), it's The Red Rectangle Of Death!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This is the cheapest it'd be for me, if I make the display portable/detachable and use the same battery on a second bike - I was able to add this to cart. £243.41. I'd sell the 44T chainwheel...

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Edit - Problem resolved - item arrived today unexptedly - just a glitch in their admin I guess
That's great! I think. It is a TSDZ2. But that news bodes well for a BBS01B purchase...

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Still a great price for the bare drive. I still have a complete kit I purchased from AliExpress on a misprice deal about 18 mths ago boxed and sealed ready for my next project, plus a couple of spare displays and chain wheels...do I need another spare...mmm
Current BBS01b on about 4k miles. Slight issue in on my Belgium tour last week with a 30H error but managed to limp home ok and have now fixed it (speed sensor stuffed), so always good to have spares available

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
That's great! I think. It is a TSDZ2. But that news bodes well for a BBS01B purchase...
  • He's got the TSDZ2'B' - I've just helped him install it but left him to run/tie wrap all the cables.
  • He'll be bringing it over for me to tweek the derailleur gear shifting in the next couple of days - I'll see if I can remember to stick a volt meter in the speedo cable to see if the controller is OSF compatible (gen1 vs gen2).

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Slight issue in on my Belgium tour last week with a 30H error but managed to limp home ok and have now fixed it (speed sensor stuffed), so always good to have spares available
Was it killed by water ingress? I covered that connector with self-amalgamating tape, seems to be holding back water so far... despite complete submersion for 13 seconds, on one occasion.

Reactions: egroover

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
He's got the TSDZ2'B' - I've just helped him install it but left him to run/tie wrap all the cables.

He'll be bringing it over for me to tweek the derailleur gear shifting in the next couple of days - I'll see if I can remember to stick a volt meter in the speedo cable to see if the controller is OSF compatible (gen1 vs gen2).
That'll be interesting to read about happening somewhere else to someone else's motor, many many many miles away from me.

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Was it killed by water ingress? I covered that connector with self-amalgamating tape, seems to be holding back water so far... despite complete submersion for 13 seconds, on one occasion.
Yep, I think so. Was up into Holland north of Antwerp, lashing down and blowing off the North Sea, got soaked. Luckily motor still working but display would power off every 10 or 15 mins, bit of pain but still able to finish the touring. Once home noticed the sensor red light not flashing when the wheel/magnet passed over it so used a spare and all working now. Have ordered a spare from AliExpress for a tenner delivered.
Good tip on the self-amalgsmating tape, I got a small reel of it somewhere which I used for a satellite dish lnb cable

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's the only connector I haven't also covered with self-adhesive 4:1 marine heat shrink... was being lazy tbh... Every other connector has both, because I don't trust waterproof claims for anything. Here's my DPC18's rain hat:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@egroover - I also bought this (which @billyboya drew my attention to) for the motor and controller seal, which I haven't yet applied:

"non-shrinking", Resistant to high temperatures up to 200°C

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
@egroover - I also bought this (which @billyboya drew my attention to) for the motor and controller seal, which I haven't yet applied:

Resistant to high temperatures up to 200°C

I have to admit, I hadn't thought about that, presumably to be used alongside the existing gaskets ?
I did once totally submerge the motor while misjudging the depth of water along a path, under water for about 8 secs while running. Took the primary drive cover off as soon as at home, a little water in there, but I like to pack out with aeroshell grease so I think that saved me.
With these Bafang kits being so affordable, I don't lose any sleep at the thought of replacing if at times it gets a bit of a hard life

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Was up into Holland north of Antwerp,
Did you have any issues transporting the ebike over? Did you chunnel?

I have to admit, I hadn't thought about that, presumably to be used alongside the existing gaskets ?
When I changed the controller for a working one (after I'd killed the last one attempting to solder on something), I used a bit of kitchen grade silicone sealant to hold the gasket in place (very floppy rubber)... a thin covering of over the top, before bolting on tight - I'll use Granville's next time.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I did once totally submerge the motor while misjudging the depth of water along a path, under water for about 8 secs while running. Took the primary drive cover off as soon as at home, a little water in there, but I like to pack out with aeroshell grease so I think that saved me.
Some water dripped out after that 13 seconds under water, but everything worked fine. The PAS level 9 assisted bow wave kept the battery out of the water, I think... it's on the rear rack and I didn't look at it when the water started over both pedals, and I was in a hurry to power out of that sudden pond which appeared in the road around a corner after a sudden thunderstorm.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Did you have any issues transporting the ebike over? Did you chunnel?
We always take the bikes (analogue or ebike) on the train up in the morning from Dorset to London, then down to Dover and then on the DFDS ferry to Calais or Dunkirk. No issues, very straight forward and cheap, always a few other bikes on board. Once we hit Dunkirk, quick ride of 25 miles to De Panne in Belgium, crash at the Ibis, Stoofvlees and frites and fresh Stella for dinner. Then touring, different town or city most nights. Belgium is fabulous for touring, great food, drink, friendly people and above all superb traffic free cycling on canal or river paths everywhere. The bike is King there!

• Informative