Puncture Resistant Tyres And Tubes

iangrimmett

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2009
Hi.

In addition to my plea for help in choosing an electric bike I should also have included the below detail.

Has anybody any advice regarding the best puncture proof tyres and tubes to fit.

Dutch perfect has been used previously with good results on an ordinary bike along with Raleigh puncture resist tubes.

The name Mammoth seems to feature in forums a great deal.

Thanks in advance.

Ian G.

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Hi.

In addition to my plea for help in choosing an electric bike I should also have included the below detail.

Has anybody any advice regarding the best puncture proof tyres and tubes to fit.

Dutch perfect has been used previously with good results on an ordinary bike along with Raleigh puncture resist tubes.

The name Mammoth seems to feature in forums a great deal.

Thanks in advance.

Ian G.
Schwalbe Marathon Plus....job done.

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
I think most people on here would recommend Marathon Plus tyres. I had a spate of punctures on my powabyke (something like 5 in six weeks) fitted Marathon Plus to both wheels and haven't had a flat since (touch wood). They're pricey, but worth it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And if the Schwalbe MPs are too expensive for you Ian, Continental make the same tyre type with the puncture proof layer, the Continental Contact Security.

They can be bought for well under £15 at sources like this one, several pounds cheaper that the Schwalbe ones.