Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

D

Deleted member 25121

NO.

Chilled food in a car will start perish once out of the cold chain for more then 20/30 mins, I can ride/ park my bike easier then queuing for a space at a store.

My apiary access requires me carry equipment (like many apiary's do ) to the bees again my bike and also a trailer allows me to get the equipment right at the point of access where I need it next to the hives.

Again a trying to be smart/clever holier then thou doesn't work when you don't have a scooby of what is entailed.

That's it for now as I have to get ready to do extra driving shift help feed the nation.
Why not go to the bees first and collect the food on the way back? It's all about reducing the risk to others and you're out there risking that you catch the virus and pass it on to others who you're supposed to be helping.

It doesn't make any sense at all to me.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY
D

Deleted member 25121

why do you think? Neal obviously has his reasons.
I think we know his reasons, he told us yesterday in post 150:
"
Good news I went out on my bike to day , will do so again tomorrow and Thursday because as Boris has said you are allowed out once a day to exercise and to go shopping for food. I will make it at least twice a day because no one will know if it 's my second, third of fourth outing.
Next week if the weather is still nice I will go out again but one of my rides will 100miles and it will only count as one exercise ride.
"

Would you say that's behaving in a responsible manner? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: POLLY

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
There you go again .. peddling lies... Read my previous post. I rarely call out a person as a lier, but since you did not respond to my earlier post, and then have subsequently posted at least two erroneous posts, I must.
The clue is that 14K people die every week in the UK from all various causes.
Incidentally except for falling into a cement mixer , few people die from a single cause. Old people don't die from being old, but from pneumonia, people don't die from Cancer , they die from starvation or pneumonia etc etc..
There are about 600K deaths in the UK each year so the true number of people dying each week is about 11.5K.

People do die from single causes eg MI, asthma, pneumonia, intracranial haemorrhage etc etc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well there are ppl everywhere round here the canal path was like a summers day and packed with kids on toe.

seen 3 plod cars 2 vans just parked at random places and 2 on horse back near the city center.

not many cars but plenty off ppl about and the job center is closed.

D

Deleted member 25121

yes.
People are not machines.
So it's OK to ignore advice, laws, regulations, recommendations because "People are not machines". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Astonishing, remind me never to buy anything from you.

• Dislike
Reactions: Bobajob
D

Deleted member 25121

well there are ppl everywhere round here the canal path was like a summers day and packed with kids on toe.

seen 3 plod cars 2 vans just parked at random places and 2 on horse back near the city center.

not many cars but plenty off ppl about and the job center is closed.
Did you cough in the faces of some old codgers, that's usually good for a laugh. ;) ;)

• Dislike
Reactions: Bobajob

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Did you cough in the faces of some old codgers, that's usually good for a laugh. ;) ;)
there was quit a few old ppl about as well i was not going slow :p

Reactions: ebiker99

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've been out twice today too.

In the storm a few weeks ago a can of emulsion from somewhere had somehow been caught by the wind and in flying through the air had left a trail of white splotches diagonally across my garage door, which is distant from my home. So taking advantage of the mild weather I went out this morning to chip it away and rub it clean with an abrasive pad and water.

This afternoon I went for an exercise walk down the estate through road. First problem was someone approaching on the 1.5 metre wide path, but I was able to avoid that encounter by swerving onto the grass verge between me and the road, just about achieving 2 metres.

Second problem was a father and young daughter on a scooter deciding to cross the road from the other side, straight towards my path. I slowed enough to let them make the pavement just far enough ahead. But though the father cut straight over grass to avoid me, the daughter chose the pavement, scooting straight towards me, so I had to turn and back away.

Third problem was an elderly man walking towards me in a narrow point between a long wall and parked cars and vans. I dodged between two of them and luckily this busy road was clear of traffic at that moment so I was able to pass in the road the other side of those vehicles.

But all that effort was undone during my return when twice a workman almost bumped into me. One was with Thames Water who suddenly walked to his van from where he was working. The other suddenly emerged from behind his unmarked transit van, staring at his smartphone in the usual zombie fashion.

Isolation is far from easy, no matter how hard one tries.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
There are about 600K deaths in the UK each year so the true number of people dying each week is about 11.5K.

People do die from single causes eg MI, asthma, pneumonia, intracranial haemorrhage etc etc
I gave the basis for my calculation in a previous post.. but you and I are not quibbling. But if we are Quibbling .. people don't die from Asthma..they die of suffocation ,induced of course by the Asthma. MI kills due to deoxygenation, induced by a mechanical failure in the pump... Etc etc. I was attempting to disillusion the honourable SW of one of his" get out of jail " points.
In like vein , I am reminded of a sheriff in Texas, who suggested that a person had died from low blood pressure ,. At trial he was confronted and he said of course he died of low BP. , The 30 bullet holes caused it to leak out.

Reactions: Woosh

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I've been out twice today too.

In the storm a few weeks ago a can of emulsion from somewhere had somehow been caught by the wind and in flying through the air had left a trail of white splotches diagonally across my garage door, which is distant from my home. So taking advantage of the mild weather I went out this morning to chip it away and rub it clean with an abrasive pad and water.

This afternoon I went for an exercise walk down the estate through road. First problem was someone approaching on the 1.5 metre wide path, but I was able to avoid that encounter by swerving onto the grass verge between me and the road, just about achieving 2 metres.

Second problem was a father and young daughter on a scooter deciding to cross the road from the other side, straight towards my path. I slowed enough to let them make the pavement just far enough ahead. But though the father cut straight over grass to avoid me, the daughter chose the pavement, scooting straight towards me, so I had to turn and back away.

Third problem was an elderly man walking towards me in a narrow point between a long wall and parked cars and vans. I dodged between two of them and luckily this busy road was clear of traffic at that moment so I was able to pass in the road the other side of those vehicles.

But all that effort was undone during my return when twice a workman almost bumped into me. One was with Thames Water who suddenly walked to his van from where he was working. The other suddenly emerged from behind his unmarked transit van, staring at his smartphone in the usual zombie fashion.

Isolation is far from easy, no matter how hard one tries.
Flecc.. how many of those encounters were 15 seconds within a 1 metre zone?. Perfect is the enemy of good.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc.. how many of those encounters were 15 seconds within a 1 metre zone?. Perfect is the enemy of good.
Some were as I described, but it was the two unexpected ones that caught me out and were unavoidable. The second had no retreat zone at all since I was by a wall on the other side of the 1.5 metre pavement from his van rear when he popped out.

Our three storey flats hallways are a real problem. The halls and landings are 1.3 metres wide, the stairs cases barely one metre wide, so contact is inevitable if meeting. With the residents, delivery people etc using them all the time and some in soft soled shoes so not detectable in advance, meetings do happen sometimes.

Even some of the footpaths in our alpine style estate have long walled stairways only 2 metres wide in this steep sided valley, so again very close passes inevitable.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Some were as I described, but it was the two unexpected ones that caught me out and were unavoidable. The second had no retreat zone at all since I was by a wall on the other side of the 1.5 metre pavement from his van rear when he popped out.

Our three storey flats hallways are a real problem. The halls and landings are 1.3 metres wide, the stairs cases barely one metre wide, so contact is inevitable if meeting. With the residents, delivery people etc using them all the time and some in soft soled shoes so not detectable in advance, meetings do happen sometimes.

Even some of the footpaths in our alpine style estate have long walled stairways only 2 metres wide in this steep sided valley, so again very close passes inevitable.
..I would suggest that before you pass, you take a deep breath ,hold it and think of England!. Proximity by duration is the problem.... Ships that pass in the night ,no problem.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
..I would suggest that before you pass, you take a deep breath ,hold it and think of England!. Proximity by duration is the problem.... Ships that pass in the night ,no problem.
Thanks, I won't be out here much anyway since that sort of walk isn't pleasant.

I'll probably do as Neal intends when it all calms a bit, drive to somewhere really quiet in the country, park and then go for a walk.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just got a txt msg from the government who the hell gave them my number pmsl.

by by sim card ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
and we got 6 builders next door today lol
DSC_0192_01.JPG