Puzzled

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
The 50cycles site does say it's a 50cycles exclusive. The one on the Kalkhoff site is non-electric, the electric version being presumably the exclusive one.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There have been some photographic discrepancies as I mentioned in my Agattu review. The bike I tested had a rear of fork front brake, the onsite photo at that time showing a front mounted one. In fact the front mounted brake is now only on the shortest frame model.

The Tasman bikes may be different or it's possibly just the photos that are, being taken at various points in the bike's development.

I even fell into this trap myself on my report of my Q bike conversion. Many photos show it with a bell, but one shows that in final form as an electric horn, and the alarm didn't appear until the final photo!

Likewise my T bike report shows a propstand and hinged seatpost which aren't on the finished product.

Last edited:

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
Kalhoff Tasman 8g

Has anyone noticed that the Tasman 8G on the Kalkhoff site Kalkhoff - my bike... Vollgefederte und sportgefederte Trekkingbikes, Citybikes und Offroadbikes
is not the same as the Tasman 8G on the 50cycles site?
The frame & the chainguard are different!

Hello

If you go to Kalkhoff - my bike... Vollgefederte und sportgefederte Trekkingbikes, Citybikes und Offroadbikes
you will see there are 2 Tasman 8G's. One a pedelec, as sold by 50Cycles (one to me) and the other without a motor. The latter is the one with the different frame and chainguard.

Weird of them to use the same name for 2 different bikes.

Iain

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They've done it with other models too Iain, there's unpowered Agattus and Pro-Connects too, so it seems to be a policy decision, to offer models with or without assistance. I think that could be a smart idea in fact, widening customer choice in that unusual way.

An industry first, always a good thing from the publicity point of view.

Derby Cycles group have certainly been making waves since gaining independence from Raleigh UK, breaking production and sales records.