Q100cst from BMS. I requested the 201rpm motor but they have sent the 328rmp motor

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
I ordered a Q100cst from BMS. I requested the 201rpm motor but they have sent the 328rmp motor I am lacing it into a Mavic Open Elite Rim to use on a James quest road bike I have, the question I would like to ask is do I use the motor they have sent.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
At 36v, it'll only be OK if you power it above 15 mph. Below that it'll definitely overheat the controller because I tried it. if you're forced to use it, you'd have to go down to 24v, which would change it to 230 rpm, but then you'd need a 20 amp controller and I don't know of any decent 20A 24v ones. 230 rpm would give good power up to 15 mph, amd maximum about 18 mph - 10% more with a fully charged battery and 10% less when empty.

Unless you're heavy, 260 rpm one would be about right for a road bike, which you get by running the 36v 201 rpm one at 48v an around 12A. Is that what you were going to do, otherwise the 201 rpm one is a bit slow?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
This guy might be able to help find you a solution as he appears to sell BMSBattery products, is based in UK and I believe he's a forum member.

• Informative
Reactions: Scorpio

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
At 36v, it'll only be OK if you power it above 15 mph. Below that it'll definitely overheat the controller because I tried it. if you're forced to use it, you'd have to go down to 24v, which would change it to 230 rpm, but then you'd need a 20 amp controller and I don't know of any decent 20A 24v ones. 230 rpm would give good power up to 15 mph, amd maximum about 18 mph - 10% more with a fully charged battery and 10% less when empty.

Unless you're heavy, 260 rpm one would be about right for a road bike, which you get by running the 36v 201 rpm one at 48v an around 12A. Is that what you were going to do, otherwise the 201 rpm one is a bit slow?
thank you for the reply the two battery i have at the moment are 36v German made i had them made for my other two conversions,the 1st one was for a yose kit i put on a trek fx, the 2nd was for a tsdz2 motor, that i tried on the James but couldn't get the chain line right with the back derailleur i and put it on a fixe frame i married it to a nexus 8 speed hub for gearing, i did not think about battery voltage but i liked the size of the motor and you have got me thinking about making a softback 48v battery to put in the saddlebag i have, i have been looking at spot welders for a will, the k-tek one looks interesting unless you have one you would recommend that is better , also could you tell me the number of battery s i would need for a 48v battery pack. thanks once more for the reply i did use you and other on this forum when building the yose conversion and you were very helpful then cheers from hilly north wales ( i have emailed them at bms and i am waiting for a reply, i paid with paypal and i did specified 201 motor) Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I believe he's a forum member.
Who is he then?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some one in Linc's operating from home, but is he a forum member ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I meant what's his forum name?
I don't know all I wrote is what I know, form the web site.
Only Pete seems to have an idea ?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I can't remember his user name, I've just noticed the web site in his/her signature at the bottom of posts. I thought maybe he had a good trading relationship with BMS and he maybe able to help the OP. Just an idea.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
@wheeliepete thanks for the link, it would have been great if I'd know about this 2 weeks ago as I was looking for a UK supplier and couldn't find one. I know for next time ;)

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I can't remember his user name, I've just noticed the web site in his/her signature at the bottom of posts. I thought maybe he had a good trading relationship with BMS and he maybe able to help the OP. Just an idea.
Hmmm! I know who he/she is. He/she's just been reading the forum, but was too ashamed to announce himself/herself. Weird!

• Informative
Reactions: Scorpio

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
@wheeliepete thanks for the link, it would have been great if I'd know about this 2 weeks ago as I was looking for a UK supplier and couldn't fine one. I know for next time ;)
The site dosn't come up on "UK ebike kit" search and Bike Shed is a motorcycle restaurant and also a m/c shop in Crediton, Devon which don't help.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hmmm! I know who he/she is. He/she's just been reading the forum, but was too ashamed to announce himself/herself. Weird!
Yes, I've also sussed who it is, but to name him if he's read the thread and choosen not to post seems unfair. One possible reason is the commercial nature of this site and that traders need to pay. He may have PM'd Scorpio, or maybe he dosen't feel he can be of help.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
@wheeliepete just for info, I've had no messages yet but it's the weekend so no surprise.
Timing is critical for me as I'm overseas. A UK mate sends me a supply parcel twice a year, my next parcel is already wrapped and will be posted on Monday - any changes now would mean a delay and rewriting the "Export" paperwork :( Maybe next time ...

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hello everyone. Sorry to have responded so late. All things to do with bikes have really taken off over the past 12 months, as you are probably aware.

We are a local business, supporting the local community with a ‘bike recycling’ project. The ebike stuff is an ‘add on’, purely based on the fact that I have an interest in ebikes.

I don’t have a commercial relationship with BMS Battery, I buy their stuff because it is pretty reliable and the kits I use are ‘plug and play’. We don’t sell a lot of ebike kit - most people are happy to buy off ebay as pricing is ‘ex VAT’. I pay duty and VAT on all the parts I have purchased from BMS, so my prices are not as competitive.

I haven’t bought in any parts from BMS since February last year, when shipping costs went through the roof. I do have a few bits and pieces lying around though.

Happy to help, if I can.