Help! Q100h hub 120mm dropout

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi I've heard that this motor can be adapted to a rear 120mm single speed rear for a 20" has anyone done this or selling one?or a alternative option, I'm new to all and trying to convert this but prefer it to be rear driven
Doesn't sound right to me. You might be able to do it like this. Take a steel BMX hub and remove the freewheel threaded piece that's also the spoke flange. On the one I did, that part was only pressed on to the hub, so was easy to remove. Drill the six holes in the flange to match the disc holes in the motor and fix it with the disc screws. Next, you need to dismantle the motor and remove the clutch. The clutch is symmetrical, so you can flip it inside the motor to reverse it. That will allow the motor to power in reverse, which you need because you have to turn it round to get the freewheel on the right side.

Now comes the caveat. This will only work if the hall sensors aren't positioned to give a timing advance. I flipped a Q128 like that and had a lot of trouble finding a controller that would work with the timing. You could run it sensorless, but again, they're very fussy about which controller they want to work well with. They always work sensorless, but often run quite rough.

Reactions: Monkey Tennis