Q128C kit on MTB

roscop

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 30, 2016
Yes true I had the drop handelbars before, but at high speed a was feeling unconfortably unstable so I changed for this handelbar giving more space between handles, it gives me the feeling of more stalbility. Plus with electric you don't need anymore the unconfortable aerodynamic position of the drop handlebar.

I also added:
-A cheap suspension saddle tube from ebay but it doesn't helps very much http://www.ebay.fr/itm/131249619842
-A cheap laser light that projects lanes on the ground, this on is fun to keep cars at a distance: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/301682904248
-A cheap color matching lock : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/222112660746 quality is OK, fine for my use

Overall the bike stays in the spirit of the race 70's Panasonic with the extended peadaling range that allows me to pedal up to 55km/h it is now a Electric race bike! But let be honest breaks are just not designed to go to that speed....

20160908_115745.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Yes true I had the drop handelbars before, but at high speed a was feeling unconfortably unstable so I changed for this handelbar giving more space between handles, it gives me the feeling of more stalbility. Plus with electric you don't need anymore the unconfortable aerodynamic position of the drop handlebar.
I thought so. I think that's a really good way to get a light, strong, efficient and comfortable ebike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As d8veh referred to in an earlier post, looks like BMSB have sent me a 328 36v labelled as 36v 201 possibly they just don't have a clue. On the tarmac parts my Mosso mtb with winter knobblies I achieved with 10s lipo 24-26 mph on the flat and hills were a breeze climbing up to 18mph, but take it off road proper where gearing and torque is needed then it was hit and miss. Slower hillier climbimg with mud, very soft ground or shingle/ loose surface caused the drive to stall on several occasions and the controller got quite warm, so definitely not a hill climbing slower wind on this Q hub and lacking low down torque.
I will contact BMSB but doubt anytning will come out of it, sending it back isn't an option due to costs so what to do next? Probably lace it in to a 700c rim and run it on my Boardman with the Oxydrive controller kit, this bike is mainly used on roads and railway tracks so will make it a faster steed. The Oxydrive 8fun 270rpm cst will have to be laced in to a spare 26" rim to go on the Mosso with the 09 controller kit and should be a better solution.
Ideally I need a Q128c @201 but there is little chance I will get it even if BMSB promised it.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's bad luck. Whenever I order a motor from them, I always add a note "Speed 201 rpm is very important for me. Please check".

Interestingly, the last motor I got from them was a 36v 328 rpm Q128, which we ran at 52v. The calculation gives a top speed of about 34 mph, but it actually runs at 45 mph, which is just what we needed. We're running it backwards, which gave timing problems until I found a suitable controller. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BMSB reply this morning was motor speed 500w 201rpm is correct can be 35km/h, 328rpm speed can be over 42km/h for 500w. For slower speed our 350 or 250w motor. I did try to explain that the correct wound RPM motor was the critical issue but seemed to fall on deaf ears.