Q128C, PSW controller and throttle problem

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Hi

I've kind of mentioned this before but have got to the stage where it repeats now. So, when all plugged in and working - Q128C, PSW Power 20a controller and 48v 14.5ah, I can lift the back wheel and it spins up fine. But when I'm riding along and go to give it some throttle (pedal assist not yet installed) SOMETIMES it goes but other times, nothing at all. Almost like a flat spot. It soon comes back, but the lack of consistency is frustrating. It seems to happen on smooth or rough ground so don't think it's a loose connection.

I'm sure there'll be some decent theories out there hopefully.

Also - anybody know what the Q128C P1 setting should be please?

Thanks

Matt

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Install the PAS...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PAS is the best a bout ebike power control, 5 levels of varying amp power, throttle is ok for now and then.
P1 224 or 212 verify the best match with gps read out as P1 affects speed reading, however I find the main issue if incorrect appears to affect motor sync /timing when using PAS.

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
I think what I have found is that I'm fine pedaling without any assist most of the time, then when there's a steepish hill, feather in some throttle whilst still pedaling. The problem has been when I go to feather some in and nothing happens and I'm in too high a gear. There was a bit of a Hollow Tech Bottom Bracket II issue I seem to remember when trying to fit the PAS so I sort of abandoned it and made do with the throttle only and have it OK.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For Hollowtech/GXP BB use some modifying is needed which works perfectly. I have done this on 5 or 6 bikes without any great issue.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For ext bearings it's quite simple drill out the centre carefully with an appropriate core drill (approx 44mm) to allow magnet disc to fit over with ease, then simply secure said disc in place with epoxy or simplest to use thin cable ties.
My disc's used is either 10 or 12 magnets KT disc/sensor.