question about 20 inch (451) tyres - any tyre experts on here?

djneils98

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
So I have a Tern Verge D9 that has 451 wheels. The actual size of the tyre on the bike says 37-451
Now looking for replacement tyres, it's actually proving impossible to find a decent make in that exact size.

I can find other 451 tyres (e.g 28-451 or 25-451). Will these fit? Is the first number the width and the 451 the diameter?
thanks to any tyre gurus out there

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
So I have a Tern Verge D9 that has 451 wheels. The actual size of the tyre on the bike says 37-451
Now looking for replacement tyres, it's actually proving impossible to find a decent make in that exact size.

I can find other 451 tyres (e.g 28-451 or 25-451). Will these fit? Is the first number the width and the 451 the diameter?
thanks to any tyre gurus out there
You could try CH White, he's a proper folding bike guru who knows about Tern wheels and what what makes them turn best. They seem to have these in stock, but deffo ring and check compatibility and stock levels!

Reactions: djneils98

djneils98

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
You could try CH White, he's a proper folding bike guru who knows about Tern wheels and what what makes them turn best. He seems to have this in stock, but deffo ring and check compatability and stock levels!

thanks for the link!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: djneils98

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
thanks for the link!
It's where I get all my Dahon parts - he's got sources within Tern and Dahon or something, which enable him to get parts which don't seem to be available anywhere else in the UK, so he's definitely worth a conversation with if you're stuck. They've got stuff in their warehouse they're not even aware of - went the extra mile to find me new weird sized wheels a few montsh ago.

djneils98

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
It's where I get all my Dahon parts - he's got sources within Tern and Dahon or something, which enable him to get parts which don't seem to be available anywhere else in the UK, so he's definitely worth a conversation with if you're stuck.
thanks - I've emailed him