Rack Battery

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I'm re-furbing a bike as a commuter for my daughter. It has an old, but capable, Panda (remember them?) front hub kit on it.
It has no battery at the mo, so I need a rear rack battery to fit a 700c wheel size.
It's a small 250w hub, basic led display. I think the controller is max 17A, possibly less. 12-15Ah would be about right. Built in light would be ace.
Looking around I'm seeing a few on ebay, but not sure of suppliers and they rarely mention what cells are used.
Haven't bought anything like this since before brexit so don't know where to turn.
Have used Yosepower in the past. Do they ship to this Godforsaken back water of trade anymore?
Thanks for any pointers.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yose is likely still one of the best options, as to the cells used a lot of China brand cells are now being used due to the shortage of top named brand ones and the rising cost of them. Not all China cells are bad as there are quite a few good ones out there.
The thing with a battery where the stated cell is notified as being China cells is one has no idea which China brand it is.
Yes Yose still ship from the German warehouse.

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Thanks Nealh. I was confused as they are only stating prices in Euro. At least the exchange rate is in my favour currently.