RALEIGH Leicester De Luxe Special Offer Price

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a great deal John. Member Schwinnfan tipped me that Hilderthorpe were doing good deals, but that really is a special price.

The equivalent Tasman price is £1695 for the 49 cm.

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
That's a great deal John. Member Schwinnfan tipped me that Hilderthorpe were doing good deals, but that really is a special price.

The equivalent Tasman price is £1695 for the 49 cm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
isnt this the same bike..ok £50 less then 50 cycles are selling thiers off at on e-bay ?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Is this the same spec as a Agattu?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is this the same spec as a Agattu?
It's a Leicester/Agattu with much higher spec, named Leicester De Luxe/Tasman, with Magura hydraulic brakes, Alfine hub gear etc., for those who only want the best.

Keith, I don't know. Are 50cycles selling them off at a similar price? If so that will also be a good deal.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I don't think they are selling the Tasman at that price. It is an excellent deal if that is what you are after.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
I don't think they are selling the Tasman at that price. It is an excellent deal if that is what you are after.

:eek: no sorry its not the Tasman, i saw two wheels and thought it must be the same...:eek: ..its a 2008 agattu.............
sorry i will be more careful in what i say in future so i dont throw a spanner in the works....:)

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
nice to see

this is nice to see in the description

These Bikes have a full 2 year Warranty (Excluding any postage costs) These bikes come with free servicing for the original owner at our shop or any of the Shows that we attend.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Ithink it is:) The brakes, gears etc all match the specification of the Tasman

the ones 50 cycles are selling is not the tasman on e-bay.......is what it referred to...think with other posts it broke up the sequence of my reply...

C

Cyclezee

It is a very good deal for the vertically challenged, as it is only for the small frame model and I guess they are 2008 models being cleared from stock. There is no option for larger frames.

J:) hn

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Haha! That would be me then - the Wisper is just about within reach for me with the saddle right down. I'm also temporally challenged (old and decrepit) but not horizontally challenged (heavy) so one out of three ain't bad I suppose.

Rog.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is a very good deal for the vertically challenged, as it is only for the small frame model and I guess they are 2008 models being cleared from stock. There is no option for larger frames.

J:) hn
Not that small though, it's the 45cm that's for the vertically challenged. The 49cm with it's sprung seatpost is my size at a bit over 5' 6", shortish but hardly vertically challenged.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
My wife is 5.7 but long legged (compared to me:rolleyes: ) would a small bike be a good fit or would a medium be better?

thinking maybe of this Raleigh or an ordinary Agattu

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My wife is 5.7 but long legged (compared to me:rolleyes: ) would a small bike be a good fit or would a medium be better?

thinking maybe of this Raleigh or an ordinary Agattu
I just couldn't manage on the 53cm Agattu Eddie, just over 5'6" with inside leg almost 29", so I took the sprung seatpost off, replacing it with a low profile fixed one. Even then I had to tilt the saddle back a bit and sit slightly forward so it didn't interfere with my thighs when pedalling. I reckon the 49cm would just allow me to use the sprung seatpost, so it could well suit your wife, given that there's plenty of upward seatpost adjustment anyway.

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
I just couldn't manage on the 53cm Agattu Eddie, just over 5'6" with inside leg almost 29", so I took the sprung seatpost off, replacing it with a low profile fixed one. Even then I had to tilt the saddle back a bit and sit slightly forward so it didn't interfere with my thighs when pedalling. I reckon the 49cm would just allow me to use the sprung seatpost, so it could well suit your wife, given that there's plenty of upward seatpost adjustment anyway.

I have a 49cm Tasman which suits my 29" leg measurement.

Iain

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
so power wise these bikes are identical? (agattu & raleigh) but the raleigh has better gearing? brakes etc......

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Powerwise identical.

There's the Kalkhoff Agattu and the Raleigh Leicester 7 speed identical.

Then the Kalkhoff Tasman and Raleigh Leicester de Luxe 8 speed identical.

Its the latter Raleigh with the Magura brakes etc that Hilderthorpe are apparently offering.

There can be very tiny component variations between Kalkhof and Raleigh, things like rims for example, but that's just supply variations, the quality being the same on any given range.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
I'm selling a 57cm diamond agattu and a 45cm wave if anyone is interested. the 57 has covered 500 miles and the 45 only 20 miles! Batteries have been used alternately on the 57 and both still show 5 lights on the battery test. £800 for the 57 and £850 for the 45.

pm me for further details

Last edited: