Raleigh Leicester Deluxe Special Offer

C

Cyclezee

Hildethorpe Cycles are selling the Raleigh Leicester Deluxe 2008 model at a discount price of £1395 inc. delivery. This model is the Raliegh equivalent of the Kalkhoff Tasman. However 50cycles are selling the latest 2009 Tasman for £1495 also inc. delivery.

J:) hn

C

Cyclezee

See You M,
A dinna waant yin;)
Only trying to encourage others to help the poor old retailers in these hard times and by so doing grab a bargain:eek:

J:D hn

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
See You M,
A dinna waant yin
Only trying to encourage others to help the poor old retailers in these hard times and by so doing grab a bargain

Go on.. I'm sure you could squeeze another one in...:)

so many bikes .. so few weekends:D

BW
musicbooks

C

Cyclezee

I can tell you have been at the Irn Bru again M:p My therapy seems to working at last. I haven't bought a bike for almost 3 weeks now:(
Psst, know where I can get a Pro Connect S cheap:confused:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I can tell you have been at the Irn Bru again M J:D hn
Don't drink the stuff.. the hair is red enough already thank you very much:eek:

Pro connect s.. apparently in Switzerland there is a tunnel that is getting ready to send the Agattu round and round at a rate approaching the speed of light ( very difficult for the Agattu as I'm sure you already know) until it finally mutates into the Proconnect s Of course it'll never work and even if it did .. everyone would say why did they bother spending all that money when we have the perfect bike already:p

BW
musicbooks

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
.. everyone would say why did they bother spending all that money when we have the perfect bike already:p

BW
musicbooks[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

but Aldby will say..."i have not had one of them, im going to have one of them !!":p

C

Cyclezee

Keith,

I repeat, I don't want one. I am merely pointing out to others who may be looking for a bike that these bikes are available. Personally, I still think the Agattu is the best buy of the Panasonic powered bikes.

P.S. Thanks again for the charger;)

C

Cyclezee

Better than the Pro C?. After reading all the posts it seems to me that the only real advantage iof the A.is that it has suspension....But the Pro C. is much lighter in all the senses....
In my personal opinion, the Agattu is the best buy of the Panasonic powered bikes because it is well equipped and, as far as I am aware, the cheapest.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Same reasons here too. It's a sound, strong, reliable all rounder at a good price, and I don't view e-bikes as sports models so for me the Pro Connect holds little attraction, especially as it's so much dearer.

Even the high speed S models don't interest me too much, speeds of 25 mph and over meaning goggle wearing against the wind effects, dressing up more in the winter against the cold, and less relaxed travel due to the need for very high levels of attentiveness.

The competence and relaxed 12 mph average of the Agattu means civilised travel in normal wear, suiting me best.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Same reasons here too. It's a sound, strong, reliable all rounder at a good price, and I don't view e-bikes as sports models so for me the Pro Connect holds little attraction, especially as it's so much dearer.

Even the high speed S models don't interest me too much, speeds of 25 mph and over meaning goggle wearing against the wind effects, dressing up more in the winter against the cold, and less relaxed travel due to the need for very high levels of attentiveness.

The competence and relaxed 12 mph average of the Agattu means civilised travel in normal wear, suiting me best.
iam sorry Tony, I must be a bit dense, but being a Panasonic wouldn´t you be able with the Pro C. s to go at the speed that you want as oppossed to, say a Wisper or a Ezee?
Does anyone know anything about Monty e-bikes? I think they are Italian, very popular in Spain.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
iam sorry Tony, I must be a bit dense, but being a Panasonic wouldn´t you be able with the Pro C. s to go at the speed that you want as oppossed to, say a Wisper or a Ezee?
Does anyone know anything about Monty e-bikes? I think they are Italian, very popular in Spain.
You can indeed, but the Agattu has a strong frame that's better for my trailer towing, a built in hubdyno that I prefer to the lighting off the main battery and is biased to comfort and general utility use. The Pro Connect pretends to be a sports bike which e-bikes just aren't.

I don't know the Monty at all, but Leonardo in this forum may know of them in Italy.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Thanks John. This thing of the Monty´s system of "intelligent power" reminds me of the Panasonic system,... without its reputation. A local dealer, friend of mine, has asked me to test it as a layman/consumer, and to give him my opinion as the first (and persistent) e-biker here in Ferrol. In particular, he wants me to try the e-43 which I see weighs 36 kg! Gonna beg off.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Keith,

I repeat, I don't want one. I am merely pointing out to others who may be looking for a bike that these bikes are available. Personally, I still think the Agattu is the best buy of the Panasonic powered bikes.

P.S. Thanks again for the charger;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont think maybe its a case of you "want one"...more a case of its not on your "done list" and like a train stotter you simply "have to" have marked them all off, not a bad thing as giving personal knowledge of something you have tried is better then hearsay...and you are over the 20 mark john are you not...:D

C

Cyclezee

57 on Thursday Keith, maybe you would like to get me one of those Raleigh Leicesters as a present so that I can tick another bike off the list;)
So far I have only had 5 makes, Giant, Ezee, Wisper, Kalkhoff and Cytronex:(
Hope you still have my address?

J:rolleyes: hn

Last edited by a moderator:

mahaca1

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2008
Madrid, Spain
Thanks John. This thing of the Monty´s system of "intelligent power" reminds me of the Panasonic system,... without its reputation. A local dealer, friend of mine, has asked me to test it as a layman/consumer, and to give him my opinion as the first (and persistent) e-biker here in Ferrol. In particular, he wants me to try the e-43 which I see weighs 36 kg! Gonna beg off.
I have tested monty E45 Intelligent Power, It's a pedelec, without throttle, it's about 29 kg but has enought power for me.
From Monty I like very much monty ef-38, Its a folding bike only weighs 17 kg, 36 Volt & 10 Amp, you can see
a review in extraenergy 2008 test Test 2008-Spezial - Products: Pedelecs&E-Bikes, Vehicle Tests, BatteryTest, Manufacturers, Company Reports, Archive - ExtraEnergy.org, unfortunatelly it lacks of gears and costs 1100€.
You can find monty products in "tiendas el corte ingles"
regards

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
57 on Thursday Keith, maybe you would like to get me one of those Raleigh Leicesters as a present so that I can tick another bike off the list;)
So far I have only had 5 makes, Giant, Ezee, Wisper, Kalkhoff and Cytronex:(
Hope you still have my address?

J:rolleyes: hn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------when i said "over the 20 mark".. i didnt mean age i meant the number of bikes you have bought/tried/sold........haha