re-capture madness

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Am I the only member who, when trying to post a reply, is getting pestered with google re-capture screens where you have to click cars or crossings etc? I don't mind one or two at the start but they keep on coming! I have never seen them on pedelecs before. These were when I was trying to reply to a rather boorish comment from a member who thought the new throttle Whisper was totally unnecessary and everyone should peddle only.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Am I the only member who, when trying to post a reply, is getting pestered with google re-capture screens where you have to click cars or crossings etc? I don't mind one or two at the start but they keep on coming! I have never seen them on pedelecs before. These were when I was trying to reply to a rather boorish comment from a member who thought the new throttle Whisper was totally unnecessary and everyone should peddle only.
No - never had them posting or replying on pedelecs

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nor me in 17 years from day one of the forum.

You must have seriously upset someone! :confused:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If not posting on the forum from within the UK, it could be a bot filter? The forum changed server last year.

Reactions: sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
None for me either. They are indeed very irritating when they happen too much.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
if behind a vpn using a well used/ known proxy ip address chrome browser will kick up anti bot verification screens, I often get them when googling the odd phrase. but not within sites i have passed any verification for tho??

who uses your puter ? what have they installed??

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I get captchas searching Google when connecting via the Three mobile broadband network, but not when using O2.