Reads 40v but just a flicker

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
8 FETs. Which battery does this neat job come from d8veh?

D

Deleted member 4366

Unfortunately it doesn't. It's totally blurred like the rest of them.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's better, but I still can't count the wires going in to the connector. Maybe you can do it for me. I can see seven from black to blue. Can you list the colours after that?

D

Deleted member 4366

Patience is a virtue. I only get it occasionally, so I'm not a saint.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
That's better, but I still can't count the wires going in to the connector. Maybe you can do it for me. I can see seven from black to blue. Can you list the colours after that?
Thanks Dave Johns about right, wires followed by blue are .....purple grey white black or very dark brown. hope this helps .

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks Dave Johns about right, wires followed by blue are .....purple grey white black or very dark brown. hope this helps .

D

Deleted member 4366

There's 12 solder pads next to the connector, but 10 wires, correct? So are the two end positions in the connector empty?

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
There's 12 solder pads next to the connector, but 10 wires, correct? So are the two end positions in the connector empty?
There are 11 wires and I cant see any missing, although looking with magnifying glass wider space between blue and green wires. also the blue thick wire on end has pulled out of where its connected to I am not sure, does it fit in where red under battery pack goes thanks, .

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z36/geoffstorm/IMG_0027.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm getting really frustrated. I counted 6 wires to the blue, in what I could see, and then you gave me another four. 6 +4 = 10, but now you say there's 11. I haven't a clue what's going on, your descriptions are just too vague. I think I have to say that unless you get me a clear photo, I have to give up.

If a blue wire has pulled out, that's probably the cause of all your problems, but I can't tell without seeing it.

I suggest you get someone who knows how to use a camera to take a decent photo that you can upload to photobucket without any resizing, etc. Try your next door neighbour, or their son/daughter who is used to uploading photos.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009

Sorry about misunderstanding I was under impression you thought there was 11 wires I can empathise with you, my son has taken photo now , hope this is clearer the wire that has pulled is bullet on thick blue in foreground on left not one of the thin wires which go as ......black white grey purple blue green yellow orange red brown black thanks I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Right, that's much better. It looks like a standard setup: 10 sense wires and a ground.

Pull the connector out. Have a look at the photo below with the connector pulled out. On the part with the wires attached you can see ten slots with metal contacts on one side of it. Hopefully, yours will be the same except eleven or twelve slots.

Get your multimeter and set the dial to 20v DC. Place your black probe the end slot where the black wire next to brown terminates (RHS of photo) and the other on the slot next to it. Write down the voltage. Keep your black probe in the same end slot and measure the voltage at all the other slots in sequence until you get to the end. There will therefore be 10 or 11 results. The last position is empty so the 11th result might be zero. Be sure to check that your probes are making good contact, and give your meter time to settle. Please post the results here.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Right, that's much better. It looks like a standard setup: 10 sense wires and a ground.

Pull the connector out. Have a look at the photo below with the connector pulled out. On the part with the wires attached you can see ten slots with metal contacts on one side of it. Hopefully, yours will be the same except eleven or twelve slots.

Get your multimeter and set the dial to 20v DC. Place your black probe the end slot where the black wire next to brown terminates (RHS of photo) and the other on the slot next to it. Write down the voltage. Keep your black probe in the same end slot and measure the voltage at all the other slots in sequence until you get to the end. There will therefore be 10 or 11 results. The last position is empty so the 11th result might be zero. Be sure to check that your probes are making good contact, and give your meter time to settle. Please post the results here.

Glad that helps about the loose blue wire will I have to connect that first, as not sure where it plugs in.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't worry about any other wires for now. Just measure what I asked.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009

The readings are 4.02...8.06...12.11....16.09....1-.....1...,1-...1-.....1-....1.....1....

D

Deleted member 4366

Its looking good, but you need to move to the next scale to get the readings after 16.09. Once it goes over 20v, the meter displays 1. Do it again with your meter on 200v. Sorry, my mistake.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Dave it looks better as follows

0.39.....0.86.....12.0......16.0.......20.0.....23.9.....27.9.......31.9......35.9.......39.9.......0.00