Real mudguard?

GloveMakingMan

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2014
Bideford, North Devon
instagram.com
Does anyone know where i can obtain a proper rear mudguard to fit my Zephyr CDN? One like in the old days where it came down over the wheel and was held on with proper supports. Cannot find any on Ebay etc. This time of the year, down country lanes like this, mud and water flying everywhere!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When needing a pair I found some in the local Halfords, which even better were in a reduced price bin costing very little. Otherwise any bike shop should be able to get a set for your small wheels, which are 20" I guess, a popular wheel size.

Unfortunately not many offer proper full 20" ones online, but here's one quality set suitable for Dahon bikes at Wiggle on this link

In stock and free delivery.

It's likely to be difficult to find just a rear one only, proper mudguards are usually only sold as sets.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Trex and Flecc, the ones from Wiggle are just what i had in mind. I may have to make some alterations to get them to fit but i'm sure it will work.
I'm sure they will fit ok too, there's plenty of adjustment at the stay-to-mudguard attachment points.

Reactions: GloveMakingMan

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Just realised that the reason I'm getting a muddy back and helmet is that my rear mudguard does not extend far enough down.
Can anyone recommend:
1) some good, wide (running snow tyres at the moment and the are rubbing a little) fixed mudguards to fit a 700c wheel set (and fit under a rear pannier)
2) where to get some rubber/silicone sheet (black) at a good price to add a flap on the mudguards?

thanks
James

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Just realised that the reason I'm getting a muddy back and helmet is that my rear mudguard does not extend far enough down.
Can anyone recommend:
1) some good, wide (running snow tyres at the moment and the are rubbing a little) fixed mudguards to fit a 700c wheel set (and fit under a rear pannier)
2) where to get some rubber/silicone sheet (black) at a good price to add a flap on the mudguards?

thanks
James

ahh just had a thought:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-RUBBER-SHEET-2MMTHK-A4-SHEET-SIZE-IN-WHITE-BLUE-RED-OXIDE-AND-TRANS-/230691097798?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35b642ccc6

solution on the way!

Reactions: GloveMakingMan