Redesign of Pedelecs site

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
TBH I'd preserve this look and feel (or allow users to select from a variety).

On one forum I am part of we have a new "skin" but the text is small (to the point of unreadability!) so I gave up on it and switched back to the old version - and I am fairly young! But giving people a choice is good...

The only other things worth adding would be the (nnn days old) bit you can get on threads and maybe the gender indicators as people were curious about this. it does make a difference for rational engineering reasons and not for any perceived "naughty" reasons ;) due to the ladies here often wanting different saddles and frame sizes / layouts..

The rest of the vbulletin enhancements I have seen are stuff like you get on bebo and other youths' social networks - including picture albums, some "group message" thing and even a flirting function (!), whether or not Russ wishes to implement them is up to him (it could end up all like "Carry on e-biking" :D).

Actually picture albums/galleries for our bikes and also all the clever stuff people make would be good if there is enough server resources...

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
if colour is such an issue could there not be an edit button to personalise the page ? that way everyone would be happy.

RichardB

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2006
How about red or yellow - could we see some more examples of the potential new look? Apart from that, i dont think there is anything i would change.
Hi UrbanPuma,

the biggest change will be to the main site rather than the forum. We will probably implement in two phases, launching the main site first and incorporating the forum changes second.

What this means is that the forum will appear to be 'within' the main site rather than at the moment where they almost appear separate. You'll still have all the features etc that you see now, just that new menus and items will appear in the left and right columns, along with a new banner. We will be aiming to populate the site with new items every day.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
What this means is that the forum will appear to be 'within' the main site rather than at the moment where they almost appear separate. You'll still have all the features etc that you see now, just that new menus and items will appear in the left and right columns, along with a new banner. We will be aiming to populate the site with new items every day.
Please let it fit on a 1024x768 screen, some forums I've seen are too big and I have to use the sideways scroll which kind of kills the experience.

I think a rainbow flag design would make the site nice and pretty.

Orraman

Pedelecer
May 4, 2008
An improved search function on the lines of eBay, with + this and - that would be helpful, particularly in referring newcomers to relevant threads.

Dave