Remove 15mph speed limiter

Wheazel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2015
Also might be worth to mention, that the controlunit on the handlebars has a few settings. When you power the bike up it is in default mode and will use the highest degree of assist until the bike reaches 25km/h regardless of gear and cadence. Then there are 3 settings for assist low medium or high. They seem to alter the max current to the motor depending on setting. (low feels sluggish, medium alittle more alert and so on) But more importantly there is a topspeed tied to the steps. Rougly 15km/h for low 20km/h for med and 25km/h (max) for high. Might be important data for you electronic masters in here.

Link to the unit:
http://www.ecoprofile.se/thread-2548-Nytt-assistanssystem-fran-EcoRide-ActiveDrive.html

D

Deleted member 4366

We've been through just about everyyhing to find a solution. I've just been right through the thread and now I have one last idea. I see in one of the pictures that the LED control panel has 5 wires. This means that you can connect a LCD panel, which might give access to the speed limit. It's a long-shot, but if anybody has a LCD panel, they could give it a try.

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
Better pic of the underside
underside.jpg

I tried to see what the wires to the control unit does, and the red, white and yellow are obvious. The green wire has something to do with the power/speed modes. If the green wire is removed, the bike travels at max speedlimit regardless of low med or high setting.

If the blue wire is removed, the motor wont run at all, regardless of settings on the control box. Wont run with the walkassist button either. Dunno if this helps anything.
wires from controlbox.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The wires to the panel are normally:
Red battery voltage
Blue battery voltage return from the switch on the panel
Black ground
Green and yellow Tx and Rx data.

This can be more complicated if the panel has a loght switch on it, when some panels are analogue so the green wire gives an analogue signal for the power level and the 5th wire carries battery voltage for the lights. Other ones are digital, so data is sent to tell the controller to activate the lights.

Assuming that yours is digital, you cannot access the speed limit with a LED display. It has to be LCD so you can see what the speed is. I'm not saying it will work. It's just an idea.

D

Deleted member 4366

This is the C500 meter that works with my Lishui controller:

I'll post the picture later. I can't figure out how to do it with Tapatalk.

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
The yellow and white wires that you can see in the last picture i posted, comes from the controlbox and instead of being connected to the main controller, they are routed out of the controller via the sealed wirepasses and then connected to front and rear lights. Lights are ledbased and probably consumes very low current. With this in mind it seems the controllbox actually turns on the lights. Im not at home until tomorrow to doublecheck, but this is how I thought earlier today when looking at the cabling.

• Informative
Reactions: John kearns
D

Deleted member 4366

I might have guessed that's how yours would be. I was going to mention it. You have a simple light switch button that latches the battery voltage from the red wire to the yellow one. The white one will be ground. When you press the light switch again, it unlatches it. The latching is done by a microprosessor in the display: The switch is a simple input to the MP, which switches a transistor, which then switches a small mosfet.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

The LCD in the photo came in a Xiongda kit that also included a Lishui controller, if that's what you mean. I guess any one would work because they probably all use the same communication protocols, , but I can't say for sure. Different controllers have different programmable parameters, which must be linked to the LCD software somehow. I don't know how that works..

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
Maybe one of these?
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/740-s-lcd5-lcd-meter-for-s-series-controlers-ebike-kit.html

Also anyone knows what these connectors are called? Cant find them anywhere else but on this link.
http://dream-start.en.made-in-china.com/product/ybCxsGLTCwrp/China-Dr-D08-2-6pin-Waterproof-IP67-Connector-in-LED-Panel-Sanitary-Products-Electrial-Appliance.html

The connectors on the ecoride look very similar. The one going to the controlunit on the handlebars is a 6pin threaded with oring seal.

@d8veh you were right about the white being the negative wire, the yellow and white are split to both rear and front lights.

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
Was about to order one of those lcd displays for $17, but the shipping was $31 so i passed. Also have gotten my hands on one extra connector half, the one from the display side. So I can easy just make a plug and play test with a lcd display if I find one that is cheap.

Any other source for lcd displays that might work?

Shimcot

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've read the 5 pages of the thread as I'm trying to get rid of the 25km/h speed limiter of my Nanjing controller.
I have it geared with a 36V 10A battery and a 36V 250W motor.

Any advice on which controller I should buy that doesn't have a speed limit?
Also would an LCD display help in any ways?

Thanks!

fluffdesu

Just Joined
Nov 6, 2015
Yet another Ecoride owner from Sweden signing in (gothenburg to be more precise) :]

Did you guys succeed with replacing the controller with a one without speed limit?

I found that the whole board is covered with lacque, I will try removing it to try resetting the speed limit.

I was also pondering if it might be possible to connect to the microchip and reprogram it not to have a limit :] removed the lacquer and the biggest chip says "cy8c24533" which seems to be the following chip: http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Cypress PDFs/CY8C24533.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/ksBGOIh.jpg

There is also a pin next to the connectors, unsure of what it does though.

Attachments

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
I havent gotten rid of the limiter. Ended my search when the lcd displays werent dirt cheap to just test with. I would rather change stuff to get a higher speed was my conclusion. If you can figure out anything more I would be grateful. :)

Wheazel

Jun 2, 2015
I did give up trying to "tune" the stock controller. Ended up buying a new controller and better displayunit. Have replaced everything but cant get the pas to work yet. The thumbthrottle works, and a new pas sensor is on its way. Hopefully that will complete the mods. For those curious, the motor drives weaker and weaker up to 32ish km/h, which is more or less the noload speed. On straights with minor to none human input, the travelspeed is in the high 20s Overall a very nice mod to get rid of the abrupt powercut of the stock controller. My partner is pleased with the change.

Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers