Replacement cable for Oxydrive Kit?

posthamster

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Sussex
posthamster.org.uk
Hi,

I'm new around here, and sorry to dive in with a boring request, but can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase replacement cables - in this case for an Oxydrive rear-rack kit?

On this kit the controller sits in a box just next to the battery on the rear rack, and there is a long 8-pin cable that plugs into the controller at one end and the LCD display at the other.

Unfortunately I must have got some moisture at one end as there was some corrosion causing the power to cut out, and when I unplugged it to investigate one of the pins broke

This is the kit in question:

http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/electric-bike-kit/oxydrive-rc-11ah.html

and I've attached a photo of the end of the cable (hopefully, if it worked!) - you can just see the broken pin.

I'm hoping as this seems to be a kit with fairly common parts that it's possible to buy a cable from somewhere. I've tried contacting Oxydrive over the last three days via email and phone (landline, left a message, and mobile too) with no luck.

If anyone could help at all it would be great. Thanks!

Dan

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi,

I'm new around here, and sorry to dive in with a boring request, but can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase replacement cables - in this case for an Oxydrive rear-rack kit?

On this kit the controller sits in a box just next to the battery on the rear rack, and there is a long 8-pin cable that plugs into the controller at one end and the LCD display at the other.

Unfortunately I must have got some moisture at one end as there was some corrosion causing the power to cut out, and when I unplugged it to investigate one of the pins broke

This is the kit in question:

http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/electric-bike-kit/oxydrive-rc-11ah.html

and I've attached a photo of the end of the cable (hopefully, if it worked!) - you can just see the broken pin.

I'm hoping as this seems to be a kit with fairly common parts that it's possible to buy a cable from somewhere. I've tried contacting Oxydrive over the last three days via email and phone (landline, left a message, and mobile too) with no luck.

If anyone could help at all it would be great. Thanks!

Dan
The cable is not sold separately. It has some connectors at the controller end, but three of the wires are soldered directly to the controller's pcb. Are you OK with that sort of repair? The pcb is potted in jelly, so you'd have to cut and solder the wires. If not, you must buy the complete controller from SYEBC.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

posthamster

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Sussex
posthamster.org.uk
The cable is not sold separately. It has some connectors at the controller end, but three of the wires are soldered directly to the controller's pcb. Are you OK with that sort of repair? The pcb is potted in jelly, so you'd have to cut and solder the wires. If not, you must buy the complete controller from SYEBC.
Ah, not wishing to start an argument on my first day, but not in this particular case.

I've just popped out to the shed to check and although there is a short cable connected to the controller exactly as you describe:

IMG_20171006_174201.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality of the photos)

that is then connected to the cable I am looking for via another 8-pin plug:

IMG_20171006_174303.jpg

Interestingly the cable is male at one end, female at the other:

IMG_20171006_174511.jpg

So in theory I could connect it back up, as long as I don't mind having the LCD under the seat and the throttle just dangling around - so probably won't do that :)

I've been having a search online and it I can't be 100% sure but it looks a lot like one of the cables in this set - top right - only longer:

http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/spares/bafang-8fun/wiring-cable-extension-set-by-dillenger.html

So hopefully it does exist somewhere to buy!

D

Deleted member 4366

Ah, not wishing to start an argument on my first day, but not in this particular case.

I've just popped out to the shed to check and although there is a short cable connected to the controller exactly as you describe:

View attachment 21590

(sorry for the poor quality of the photos)

that is then connected to the cable I am looking for via another 8-pin plug:

View attachment 21591

Interestingly the cable is male at one end, female at the other:

View attachment 21592

So in theory I could connect it back up, as long as I don't mind having the LCD under the seat and the throttle just dangling around - so probably won't do that :)

I've been having a search online and it I can't be 100% sure but it looks a lot like one of the cables in this set - top right - only longer:

http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/spares/bafang-8fun/wiring-cable-extension-set-by-dillenger.html

So hopefully it does exist somewhere to buy!
sorry, I was referring to the downtube battery one.