Report: Cycling benefits for the elderly

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
This is one accessory that goes everywhere with me although mine was a little expensive( i did get it for £60 eventually) its the best in the market and weighs less than a small bag of sugar it has a high back as well very comfy had it for 4 years now still in good condition. I also got small lightweight camping table last year(searched high and low but found one on amazon) which also weighs nothing both fit on my rear carrier rack, Im a big chap beside and this year will be 70 but knackered elsewhere as well
IMG_0029.jpg
But my wisper was my lifeline to enjoyment and plenty of chuckles.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekology-Camping-Beach-Table-Aluminum/dp/B01HJ234E0/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=E7KN741K4WED&keywords=camping+table+folding&qid=1552831099&s=gateway&sprefix=camping+table,aps,227&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Helinox-Sunset-Chair-Lightweight-camping/dp/B00SJTF9AU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=helinox+camping+chair&qid=1552831192&s=gateway&sr=8-3

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In the Amazon listing, it shows the wright as 4.15kg! It shows the shipping weight as 726g, so the box must be made of anti-matter. Could you weigh it in its carry case?

Could I buy the box from you? I need something like that to reduce my battery weight?

Llandudno Wisperer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
I agree with all of the above posts. My Wisper 705SE is brilliant. Last summer I rode it over 40 miles to Criccieth and I have also ridden it to Chester.
I had a 5x coronary bypass operation just over two years ago. I did my own rehab, walking a little further each day after my operation. I was not allowed to ride a bike for 3 months. When the physios saw me for rehab, they said I was well beyond most peoples fitness levels and was ready for going to the gym. My routine at the gym is not vigorous exercise. 10 mins on the treadmill at 5.5km per hour, 10 mins on exercise bike at resistance 5, 10 mins on rowing machine, 10mins on the other type of exercise bike, then a leg strengthening exercise, 10 mins on cross trainer, again on resistance 5, followed by 10 mins walking on treadmill.
I plod along at around 10mph on my bike and usually use little power. However, it is reassuring to know that if I am riding against a strong wind, I am able to get home with ease.
My electric bike enables me to ride in conditions that I would not go out in on a conventional bike and also to ride longer distances, knowing I can get back home.