Resistors on voilamart front wheel hub

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I repeat my question . The cables appear to go underneath the board so I assume the connectors are underneath the board . My question is how do I remove the board
mum not working it’s a pity I can’t text or something so I can keep It goingIf I have query
Thanks

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
There's no connector. It's soldered.
I appreciate your help really but Please clear message please you said this

Follow the cable out of the motor until you come to the end. That's here the connector/s is/are. Please answer my question
The wires out of the motor go underneath the board . So I repeat
1. Do I need to get underneath the board ?
2. how do I remove board to get underneath

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm talking about the motor cable that comes out of the axle and heads off to the controller - the thick black wire with cables inside it. The wire that you had to unplug to remove the wheel from the bike.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I'm talking about the motor cable that comes out of the axle and heads off to the controller - the thick black wire with cables inside it. The wire that you had to unplug to remove the wheel from the bike.
The cable doesn’t unplug At the wheel end This was a replacement for the original Giant wheel . Hence the previous owner fitted voilamart wheel but fitted but the cable Which is threaded through the axle and the wires are directly soldered to the board.. no wonder I can’t follow you . So what now ? Look at the photo again and say which colours need probing and Can I do it this way as the Cable wires are SolderEd directly in. From what you say I would have to disconnect the soldered wires and bridge them with the probe ???
UPDATE . The 5 wires while still soldered to PCB all beep . So is that a safe indicator ?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As the hub spun out of the drop outs have you tested the controller mosfets as a wire short may have blown one of them.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
As the hub spun out of the drop outs have you tested the controller mosfets as a wire short may have blown one of them.
Well I want to eliminate the wiring first because things have happened ref other things which I’ll explain later . Is the wiring ok ? Dies the beep test work this way if the wiring is directly soldered to the PCB and there’s not a plug connector ? Cos I’m not a regular with these circuit testers