retro fitting throttle to new e bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mmmhhh. I appear to have got rid of the unwanted Italics now !
Quite easy you select the text STYLE from the header bar in the post reply box.

Reactions: crystaljohn

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Quite easy you select the text STYLE from the header bar in the post reply box.
Select the text first, then the style for that text; use ctrl-A to select all the text. Also note the shortcuts (shown when you hover on the style bar) such as ctrl-I for italic on/off.

IwanEllis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 14, 2019
I've been going round the houses looking for a robust, comfortable high torque bike with a throttle and the Wayfarer is the only option that ticks all boxes and still looks great. Ordered in April but again, not likley to see it until July.

David from Whisper has been brilliant, even though I'm sure this delay is just as frustrating for him, and it's the customer service above all that has made me sticknwith the Wayfarer (blue, rear hub adventure with the biggest battery) , just wish it was here now.

crystaljohn

Pedelecer
May 29, 2019
I've been going round the houses looking for a robust, comfortable high torque bike with a throttle and the Wayfarer is the only option that ticks all boxes and still looks great. Ordered in April but again, not likley to see it until July.

David from Whisper has been brilliant, even though I'm sure this delay is just as frustrating for him, and it's the customer service above all that has made me sticknwith the Wayfarer (blue, rear hub adventure with the biggest battery) , just wish it was here now.
Do you know how the situation is regarding the lead time of the Wayfarer IwanEllis?

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019
Do you know how the situation is regarding the lead time of the Wayfarer IwanEllis?
I was told when I ordered 6 to 8 weeks, put my order in but they are really fair and wouldn't take any money until they could give me a date for delivery. They then contacted and said it will be at least June, now possibly July.

I feel for them as this spec bike would have flown out.

crystaljohn

Pedelecer
May 29, 2019
IwanEllis

I had a phone call yesterday from a Ebike shop that I had visited recently to ask if they knew any more about when the Wayfarer might be available. I was told that the shop had just managed to speak to the owner ( presumably David Miall ) and that there was a container of bikes heading for the U.K soon and the bikes might be ready in early July.
I left a deposit on a bike, so lets see what happens!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Guys, that's incorrect unfortunately. The frames are going onto a container today and will be in Portugal in 6 weeks so they will be ready at the end of July, we only have 250 being built and they are all but sold. Two weeks later another 250 will be available and so on for the rest of the season so we will be in stock but if the bikes are not on order now I would expect mid to late August.

We also have the new Wayfarer Sport range being prototyped so everying is very busy.

All the best, David

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi Guys, that's incorrect unfortunately. The frames are going onto a container today and will be in Portugal in 6 weeks so they will be ready at the end of July, we only have 250 being built and they are all but sold. Two weeks later another 250 will be available and so on for the rest of the season so we will be in stock but if the bikes are not on order now I would expect mid to late August.

We also have the new Wayfarer Sport range being prototyped so everying is very busy.

All the best, David
Hi David, can you tell how many Nm the mid-drive bikes are please and have you any demo bikes in the Northwest? Cheers.

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019

All the best, David
End of July. Gutted, that's a huge delay from April/May.

I've sent you an email regarding the stems and is there a difference in the 3 variations. As I haven't been able to test the bike I wondered if a variable stem on the Adventure would give me more flexibility on reach fit. Been burnt by ordering a Ridgeback cyclone on leg length only and wanted to avoid agon!

As always, huge thanks and respect for your customer service in all of this. Even though, the wait is excruciating, the service has always been excellent.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi, the mid motor version is 100Nm, they will be sold by both Powebikes Whitehaven and Dumfries and Scotby in Carlisle. Or is that too far North?

Nearest to Cheshire is...

Cars N BikesCars N Bikes67 Main StFrodsham WA6 7DF
Phone: 01928 731575
10.4 miDirections

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
End of July. Gutted, that's a huge delay from April/May.

I've sent you an email regarding the stems and is there a difference in the 3 variations. As I haven't been able to test the bike I wondered if a variable stem on the Adventure would give me more flexibility on reach fit. Been burnt by ordering a Ridgeback cyclone on leg length only and wanted to avoid agon!

As always, huge thanks and respect for your customer service in all of this. Even though, the wait is excruciating, the service has always been excellent.
It is Iwan, we've been hit with the supply chain collapse due to COVID followed by issues with the frames that were unexpected. We have had to make some minor frame design adjustments to ensure we pass the very rigorous stress tests and the paint application was a nightmare. As there are some larger areas than on a normal bike and we are seeing both large areas of extruded and molded aluminium sections welded together on the same frame the paint was not taking well or it was running. We have had to apply the paint more like on a new car to avoid this, so we now paint in six thinner coats rather than three thicker. The finish of course is amazing, though expensive! We felt it was better to get all the niggles out of the way before we launched.

We also had a few issues with the 100Nm of power when linked to a throttle on the mid motor, a minor issue but important. We have worked hard on the motor mapping but we have sorted it out.

Sorry for the delay, but I assure you it will be worth the wait!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019
It is Iwan, we've been hit with the supply chain collapse due to COVID followed by issues with the frames that were unexpected. We have had to make some minor frame design adjustments to ensure we pass the very rigorous stress tests and the paint application was a nightmare. As there are some larger areas than on a normal bike and we are seeing both large areas of extruded and molded aluminium sections welded together on the same frame the paint was not taking well or it was running. We have had to apply the paint more like on a new car to avoid this, so we now paint in six thinner coats rather than three thicker. The finish of course is amazing, though expensive! We felt it was better to get all the niggles out of the way before we launched.

We also had a few issues with the 100Nm of power when linked to a throttle on the mid motor, a minor issue but important. We have worked hard on the motor mapping but we have sorted it out.

Sorry for the delay, but I assure you it will be worth the wait!

All the best, David
Thanks David, I'm sure you would have preferred to have got them flowing through too!

My frustration is of course born from the fact I really want the bike! It looks great, and the spec is just what I need. High torque rear drive, which seems increasingly difficult to find. The mid version was a little outside my price bracket and think the rear, with cadence and throttle will suit my lazy style! I've learnt a lot about bikes in recent weeks!

As a man of ample stature, I'm glad it will be robust too! Just hope it fits me too.

In older models you offered an "off road" switch, is this something that could be possible for the wayfarer, or retrofitted?