Returning member

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

I was a member a few years ago and had several different bikes, a Wisper, Cytronex and Alien. Ebikes proved to be a gateway for getting fitter and losing weight and I moved away from Ebikes for a while. The latest MTB Ebikes have tempted back as being an amputee I could never quite manage the rougher/steeper terrain. I've recently bought a Merida e160 800 and its fantastic. Really enhanced my MTB riding in every way

Last edited:

Rinkydinky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2018
GB
Hiya Stumpi, warm welcome back. Glad ebikes can keep you active, my wife is disabled and she loves the Wisper bike we share. Enjoy the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Stumpy, welcome back after a long gap. Good to hear you are enjoying your new MTB.

Do you still have your motorbike with the cheeky number plate? :)

Reactions: Stumpi

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Hi Stumpy, welcome back after a long gap. Good to hear you are enjoying your new MTB.

Do you still have your motorbike with the cheeky number plate? :)
Well remembered sir. The number plate is on retention at the moment but ready to transfer to my new bike (A modern Indian). Its good to hear from you. I remember back in the early days when most of us where riding hub motors, you telling us all that crank motors where the future! Sure enough when I went bike shopping this time round crank motors appear to be the main option for most manufacturers :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
you telling us all that crank motors where the future! Sure enough when I went bike shopping this time round crank motors appear to be the main option for most manufacturers :)
They were at the time, but I've modified those views to some extent. That's because hub motors have immensely improved since and some are far more capable climbers than previously. Also crank motors have resulted in some sorry experiences with some due to them marketed with no spares availability and repair only by expensive replacement.

The best of both are very good now though, and your new bike really looks the business.

Reactions: Stumpi