Riese & Muller Delite GT Nuvinci 2018 Review

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
UPDATE:

Got the bike back from fudges this morn and seemingly all good.

I tried to make the hub slip but it seems ok, the slipping was apparently due to incorrect tension on the belt and the oil leak was apparently residue from the loose belt.

Oil is oil in my book though so I will monitor the hub, if it needs rebuilding every 6 months it’s not fit for purpose.

Unfortunately they didn’t replace the front tyre, apparently it has been ordered. Very interesting they can order the tyre now as originally a different branch said “they don’t make them anymore”. Also the demo bike had the same tyres.
It now has a crack big enough to get my finger nail in, about 4 cm, the length of the bulge. Should I be riding it?

The quick release had somehow seized but is now working correctly so it is possible to remove the front wheel but only if you know what you’re doing.

Otherwise all good.

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
You don't need to worry about cracks in tyres until you can see the tube bulging through.
I’m not sure I’d agree. There is already a bulge, which is now a crack where the bulge is.... only one way it’s headed surely?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes. By all means keep an eye on it, but no need to panic just yet. Mind you, it's a heavy bike, so could get worse quicker than most.

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Lol and it gets better with fudges....

Bearing in mind I’ve just paid them 100£ for a full service and pointed out the bulge in the tyre...

Edit - after picking the bike up:

I sent them a picture of the tyre. “Not safe to ride”.
I asked if I could have the tyre that’s fitted to their demo bike - “no”.
So again I’m left with an unusable bike!
Apparently they can’t get permission to give me the tyre until Monday.
From the shop that sold me the bike saying I could have a courtesy bike should mine go wrong.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
why not just fit 2 new tyres that you can buy in stock ? and tbh given the waight of the bike id only go with sg tyres anyway.

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
why not just fit 2 new tyres that you can buy in stock ? and tbh given the waight of the bike id only go with sg tyres anyway.
Because the front tyre has been faulty since I bought it.
I sent them pictures the day I got it and they agreed to replace it.
Then the Paddington branch said they didn’t make the tyre anymore and said they’d get back to me about it. Which after me chasing for months they didn’t.

The Epsom store say they can get the tyre no problem and there’s one fitted to their demo bike.

They didn’t get it though and now have to wait until Monday before knowing when or getting authorisation to give me the one that’s in the shop, meaning another week of train fares.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hang on. A week of train fares? Surely, it would be cheaper to go down to Halfords tomorrow and get any tyre that fits?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Because the front tyre has been faulty since I bought it.
so why do you want another one o_O id get rid of both of them and get some better ones ;)

• Super Gravity: The Super Gravity carcass construction comprises of a Quadruple Ply carcass what makes the tyre sidewall stable and safe. The tread remains extremely flexible and grippy with two carcass plies. It also has all around SnakeSkin protection for excellent resistance against cuts and slices.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/schwalbe-rock-razor-addix-mtb-tyre-supergravity/rp-prod160961?gs=1&sku=sku592637&pgrid=60711842858&ptaid=pla-426007633669&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sDEub7yF6_dc|pcrid|309840163148|pkw||pmt||prd|592637UK&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5Y3kBRDwARIsAEwloL7IU3T8gdK60-HpWYNvobH45hydYNck_oxMnLRThT_x_oVp643XPRsaAmutEALw_wcB

Reactions: git-r

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Hang on. A week of train fares? Surely, it would be cheaper to go down to Halfords tomorrow and get any tyre that fits?
You’re right but I can’t be bothered and don’t have time. It’d be easier for me to take it back to fudges tomorrow and get them to fit another tyre.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if you get the above and go tubeless you wont ever have a problem ;) they can be a right pita to fit tho so get fudges to do it as will make there day 2 times :p

Reactions: git-r

Related Articles

Advertisers