ROUGH GROUND RIDING

Briggs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2020
Hi David, welcome to the forum. Whilst I can`t answer your question, I can advise that this is, at most times, a friendly forum. Your use of CAPITAL letters appears as though you are "shouting". I suspect that you are unaware of this. Anyway, it is a very useful forum with a lot of people with knowledge of e bikes. Stay tuned.

DAVID WHITELEY

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Hi David, welcome to the forum. Whilst I can`t answer your question, I can advise that this is, at most times, a friendly forum. Your use of CAPITAL letters appears as though you are "shouting". I suspect that you are unaware of this. Anyway, it is a very useful forum with a lot of people with knowledge of e bikes. Stay tuned.
Hi, sorry about using capital letters as a 77 year old I am not very good at using the computer, learn something new every day

Reactions: Lakester

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Should be fine on tracks and bridleways as long as you keep it a bit calm; don't go hurtling down really steep ones for example. You won't have the control or grip you would have on a mountain bike, and if you are too rough you could easily brake some spokes. Enjoy (carefully)!

I note it's only rated for 85kg (13 stone and a bit) rider. If you are anywhere near that be extra careful with bumping the back wheel.

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
My wife has a crosscity-e and I sometimes take it out on local paths and tracks with no problem

Due to the small wheels it is a bit jittery but that is OK when you get used to it - just take it easy to start

Also - you do not have mountain bike wheels or tyres - so go easy on really rough paths
Be careful that you don;t let the motor encourage you to speed up - I tend to keep the assistance level low on narrow and rough paths (or even switch it off) so that I can keep the speed down. Even then you can get a puncture very easily so make sure you have what you need to repair it - ideally a spare tube and tyre levers - plus a repair kit for emergencies!

And enjoy yourself!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo and sjpt