Seagull's the name!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Its been a bit grim for a few days in Spain too flecc.......at least further south it has.......very unsettled, gales and heavy rain......serves them right :D

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Apparently not where Eddie is though, apart from the high winds he reports. Got to be better than the flood-warning drought in our mutual area South London/Surrey area!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Apparently not where Eddie is though, apart from the high winds he reports. Got to be better than the flood-warning drought in our mutual area South London/Surrey area!
Hes probably kidding us.....we all know what a sense of humour he has :D :D

Its probably been lashing down for the last week and hes huddled in his van wishing like mad that he hadnt downsized last year LOL

BTW...its been sunbathing weather today down here....I even mowed the lawn !!

Lynda :)

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
Hmmmm..I wonder if that frame is a recycled undercarriage leg from the cancelled Chinese Aerospace Stealth aircraft project..............:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hmmmm..I wonder if that frame is a recycled undercarriage leg from the cancelled Chinese Aerospace Stealth aircraft project..............:rolleyes:
It's a good spec for the price, just a pity about the odd aspects of the design. Looks neat and clean though, ok for someone with not too demanding expectations who just wants something a bit different with plenty of features to chat about.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I can let forum members into a likle secret.......The new bike is called a "Flecc Ltd flyer". specification to be revealed soon to the chosen few who can afford such a machine.......

I will be taking advance warnings (Oop's) I mean orders very soooooooon

no rain except for a bit overnight a couple of days ago...maybe I'm lucky but the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, I'd never use that inefficient NuVinci hub Eddie, clever engineering but not really suitable for a bike.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
No, I'd never use that inefficient NuVinci hub Eddie, clever engineering but not really suitable for a bike.
Don't worry neither would I....... XT or 11 speed Alfina option for the commuters (bless em)

alfazzr

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Funny isn't it ?

I asked for a few more details on the one selling yesterday (20" wheel) went for £421,

Womens Electric bike | eBay

then was told the following. Now, if they had put all that in the advert surely they'd have got £600+ ?

Motor: 250 Watt Bafang 8Fun Hub Motor + LCD.PAS: Intelligent Pedal Assist System.Controller: Cycleman Intelligent Brushless.Max Speed: 25Km/h.Rear Derailleur: NuVinci Continuously Variable Transmission System.Front Brake: Disk Brake Tektro.Rear Brake: Disk Brake Tektro.Forks: 'Angel' RST adjustable suspension forks.Frame: 6061 Aluminium Alloy.Tyres: 26" x 1.95.Lights: Front & Rear Lights (Automatic Light Sensitive).Charger: AC 100V - 240V 2A Smart Charger.Battery: 36V 10AH Li-ion.Range: Upto 45Km With 36V 10AH Li-ion Battery (PAS).Bike Weight: 26KG Including Battery

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That is a really weird mix of parts and very Chinese. Bottom of the stack Tektro components and a premium very expensive NuVinci CVT hub gear. I'm wondering if they have fitted the last of the older series heavy NuVinci CVTs, possibly cleared cheaply, since having that on a low cost bike just doesn't add up.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Jasper, but surely if you base your price perception on cheap Chinese bikes it is a fallacy...

Proper cycling has never been cheap, electric cycling even more expensive.You want cheap transport buy a moped. This E bike lark is a lifestyle choice and not a cheap interest.
How very true, in retrospect.
Even my own effort, which involved converting a personal steed, didn't turn out as cheap as I hoped. I reckon I've got nearly a thousand Euros in that, not including the original bike purchase - but if I didn't have that I would have needed to go and get a half-decent bike to convert; so that would easily have taken it over the thousand mark.
The original bike cost four hundred pounds, twenty years ago.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Even my own effort, which involved converting a personal steed, didn't turn out as cheap as I hoped. I reckon I've got nearly a thousand Euros in that, not including the original bike purchase - but if I didn't have that I would have needed to go and get a half-decent bike to convert; so that would easily have taken it over the thousand mark.
GIGO, as the computer boys used to say :D

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I except it can be a minefield when buying a e-bike, and not just the cheap end of the market!! I like many others have limited funds and clearly chinese imports are a good option if not the only one, but if bought through a proven vendor with a good record of support, one can have confidence that any problems that might arise can be dealt with.

I myself recently have purchased a e-bike(£595) which some would regard at the bottom end of the market, or some would say chinese junk, but I am very pleased with the purchase, and it has surpassed my expectation. Its speed, and hill climbing ability is much the same as its more expensive counterparts, mainly due to legal restrictions in place. There are some members who believe that if you are not spending lots of money on overpriced european models etc, that you are somehow devaluing your own personal experience of e-bikes.....which is a load elitest claptrap. I welcome the chinese imports and those good vendors that deal in them

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Proper cycling has never been cheap, electric cycling even more expensive.You want cheap transport buy a moped. This E bike lark is a lifestyle choice and not a cheap interest.
Little things keep coming up which remind me of that pearl of wisdom Eddie, not the least of which is the price I was quoted recently for a replacement battery.

Ah, if only Carlsberg made ebikes!

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I myself recently have purchased a e-bike(£595) which some would regard at the bottom end of the market, or some would say chinese junk, but I am very pleased with the purchase, and it has surpassed my expectation. Its speed, and hill climbing ability is much the same as its more expensive counterparts, mainly due to legal restrictions in place. There are some members who believe that if you are not spending lots of money on overpriced european models etc, that you are somehow devaluing your own personal experience of e-bikes.....which is a load elitest claptrap. I welcome the chinese imports and those good vendors that deal in them
Certainly the differences in performance are very small in most cases. The gains with the high price bikes are twofold though. First is that the operation can be more sophisticated and feel more satisfying, so one of personal awareness which varies greatly by individual.

Second is the assurance of future batteries and spares over time with high priced e-bikes in most cases, something that has been problematic with most of the low cost models. There are two reasons for this. One is that the importer often disappears due to the low pricing giving insufficient margin to last. The other is that the cheap bikes are often buy-ins rather than importer specified so can stop being manufactured at source without warning.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Has no one ever heard of "on the never never"

and you get interest free offers as well....not that interest such a big deal at the moment

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That's why we're all in the ****e isn't it :(
I dont think the current crisis was caused by consumer borrowing in the main.

How do you finance your house purchase for instance. for years I financed cars this way..furniture, kitchens what have you..Dont need to now. Was offered interest free on new bike said no thanks.....