shadow banned from emtb forums

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you a$$ holes want to ban me then be the hole bitch and delete my account and all my posts and not just shadow ban me and make the forum unusable when i am logged in you lot are no better than Facebook and twitter and msm doing crap like this and why i cant post anything as all i get is this now.

DSC_0294_03.JPG

so if any one else gets this then this is what they have done to you and they dont need a reason either so there you go folks and that's the real reason i cant post anything anymore and they even removed my pic how nice of them lol.
DSC_0295_03.JPG
:p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You've posted this with illustrations and your avatar that I've just seen and read, so what makes you think you've been banned?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
site goes to a blank screen when logged in gave someone my log in details and same there end as well i have not been banned so say just i cant use the site when in logged in so banned buy stealth.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
site goes to a blank screen when logged in gave someone my log in details and same there end as well i have not been banned so say just i cant use the site when in logged in so banned buy stealth.
Never known anything like this before.

Members are very rarely banned and when they are their older posts are shown as Banned Member 12345 or some such number.

This link shows all your posts with no censoring.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
like i said if they want to do shite like this then just remove my account and all of my posts as well as i have no option to do anything logged in.

i find it funny tbh :D

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
isnt there just maintenance going on at the moment, could it be that they are working on each part of the forums in turn...if thats the case you gonna look like a right diva lol

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its rob rides forum ;;)

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
They won't delete your account as they're not legally obliged to, they also won't delete your posts/images as it messes up the conversations in threads with random missing posts. Like the man said they'll also change you username to something like banned12345. Even if you delete posts they can re-instate them if they choose to.

You can do a GDPR request and make sure there is nothing in any if your posts that counts a PII (personal identifiable information), such as if your name etc. is actually mentioned in posts.

You may be frustrated by this but it seems to be what most forums do these days when someone is banned.

• Agree
Reactions: Bikes4two and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
isnt there just maintenance going on at the moment, could it be that they are working on each part of the forums in turn...if thats the case you gonna look like a right diva lol
like i said a friend has tried to log in there end and gets the same thing and this was yesterday.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
I've been getting weird results on different websites, I suspect it's either my machine or the setting on it rather than anything to be concerned about.

Maybe try a different machine (laptop, mobile, PC, etc) and see if things start working again ?

Hope you get it sorted, you have very different views to me but I appreciate a lot of the stuff you post.

Sometimes old wise words help so remember the saying: "I MAY DISAPPROVE OF WHAT YOU SAY, BUT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT" ;)

I'll be reporting my own post just so @Admin are aware of this thread ((and can hopefully help or explain things)

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have tried all web browsers and 3 computers and a m8 that lives 100s of miles away gets the same thing i have just been canceled and no reason given lol.

even if they unblocked me im finished with that bs ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Scorpio

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
even if they unblocked me im finished with that bs ;)
There's no evidence that they've blocked you, quite the opposite. Either be patient or message Admin on the link I gave you to check all is well. Clearly your account is still there since you posted on it.

Admin had announced that they were changing the hosting company and that there would be some disruption during that process.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
I would bide your time, they may have messed up the data migration and this is causing certain accounts issues, could be 100 reasons TBH wnay you're having isses as they're moving hosting as said.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this was done b4 that and my m8 has told admin via his account as well and my avatar also went b4 the move.

i can use the site just not when i log in on any browser but im not going to loose sleep over it

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Never known anything like this before.

Members are very rarely banned and when they are their older posts are shown as Banned Member 12345 or some such number.

This link shows all your posts with no censoring.
Visiting that link, I see no posts visible, and this message:

'Hi everyone, this Thursday 29th Sept our hosting company is moving us to a new server. This means Pedelecs will be down for part of the day. Thanks, Russ. Update: We're still waiting for the migration so this may run into Friday 30th.'

Maybe your problem is associated with the server move?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Visiting that link, I see no posts visible, and this message:

'Hi everyone, this Thursday 29th Sept our hosting company is moving us to a new server. This means Pedelecs will be down for part of the day. Thanks, Russ. Update: We're still waiting for the migration so this may run into Friday 30th.'

Maybe your problem is associated with the server move?
it is not this site it is embt forum run buy rob rides