shadow banned from emtb forums

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0296_04.JPG

well at least they have done what i asked them to do and fear me that much they will destroy all my posts to get rid of me how nice of them and if any of you are a member there zip it about this or you will get the same.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Is it not customary for the admin to tell you what you've done to receive a ban ?.

I've had a couple of 'holidays' on single track world. Their process is first its a week, after that its a month, and after that they enforce a permanent ban. Usually for shouty matches with other members, where threats have been issued or strong sweary words uttered.

But its a series of warnings first before any holiday takes place. I think its very off for any forum to issue a permanent ban without first giving you say a week or so.
And a lot of the time other members step in and sort of 'self police' mods are only there if things get too heated, but even then they can let an argument run in the hope it will blow itself out. Things are too bad mods can issue a warning to any parties then delete offending posts.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is it not customary for the admin to tell you what you've done to receive a ban ?.
Yes, our admin in here will always do that.

That said though, bans are extremely rare, both administrators being very tolerant and always attempting to guide behaviour with advice, rather than ban.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i now have a reason for my ban.

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error..

706 posts 445 likes so a lot of ppl did like my spam then lmfao and not 1 warning no points nothing just wiped away and if i did post spam the mods would remove it in seconds so that's a load of crap.

and every post pic and link has been removed as requested so dont give a crap about leaving holes all over the forum to get rid of anyone they like at the push of a button.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
i now have a reason for my ban.

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error..

706 posts 445 likes so a lot of ppl did like my spam then lmfao and not 1 warning no points nothing just wiped away and if i did post spam the mods would remove it in seconds so that's a load of crap.

and every post pic and link has been removed as requested so dont give a crap about leaving holes all over the forum to get rid of anyone they like at the push of a button.
That's crazy ! SPAM?
Dunno how that could happen ?

Were you posting a picture, say of the same bike, multiple times in multiple posts and threads lots of times ? Maybe their servers couldn't handle the same pic being posted or somehow marked it as spam ?...

Or maybe Rob Rides needs a Snickers bar instead

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
That's crazy ! SPAM?
Dunno how that could happen ?

Were you posting a picture, say of the same bike, multiple times in multiple posts and threads lots of times ? Maybe their servers couldn't handle the same pic being posted or somehow marked it as spam ?...

Or maybe Rob Rides needs a Snickers bar instead

rob needs a snickers bar and a dongle if you can get one to work on a gen 4 smart race motor that is ;)