Shanghai Bike Show

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm just winding down after the first day. I've taken a few photos, but I'm not sure how to post them from my phone, and they would use up my data allowance anyway, so I'll post them when I get back.

There obviously some exciting looking bikes, but nothing 5hat really gets my juices going. Crank drives are popping up everywhere. There's one with "MPF" marking on the front that looks very interesting (Bosch like) and a couple similar to tje 8fun one plus the ones that were here last year from Ananda, Bofelli and others.

A xouple of publicity girls latched on to us. They wanted to know about the impressions we have of the Chinese suppliers. In return, they acted as our translators all day and took us out for our evening meal. They were quite pretty too.

I hope tomorrow to spend some time with 8Fun, so if anyone has any questions, ask, and I'll see if I can get answers.

After the show tomorrow we're going to party with Kudos Dave. Should be fun.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
After the show tomorrow we're going to party with Kudos Dave. Should be fun.
dinner and drink with emperor Palpatine and the Court of Shanghai? what's not to like?

Reactions: Deleted member 4366

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Sounds like great fun Dave, I am envious :(

Jerry

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
Happy to hear you are having a great time, d8veh!

Questions I would ask to 8fun (or in general, to "anybody"):

- Are there going to be hub motors with controller inside?
- Are there going to be 2-speed Xiongda-style motors?
- Are they going to provide 48V "250W" motors for the European market?

And the most important of all:

- Batteries?

Last edited:

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Hello,I wanna know if there is antyhing legal " 250w" with more hill climbing coming :)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
could you find any small bottle batteries? long legged and slim, you know the shape we all like!

D

Deleted member 4366

I've seen somw very long very thin bottle batteries and also some that look like scaled-down 2/3 size ones, but you can't get so many cells in them. I think maybe 30.

D

Deleted member 4366

Some random photos from the trip:

A typical factory worker's bike - parked outside the Oxygen factory. Note the shackle lock to stop people nicking it. Normally, there'd be a whole row of bikes like that outside the factories. It really is typical.

Just the job for our roads

Definitely not for me

We took our breakfast from this one a few times. The pancakes were really scrumptious, but we daren't ask what was in them.

When visiting China, you might be presented with something like this to eat. Politeness says you can't refuse. It's always bbest not to look too hard at the food,nor ask what it is. Just swallow and smile!

Reactions: Arbol
D

Deleted member 4366

Some other random photos:

No cyclists or motorcyclists use lights at night-time. You can see them weaving their way through busy junctions. Not surprisingly, many get spattered.

The police atthe show arrived on their electric vehicles::

The normal sized bottle batteries and half-sized ones:

This battery case was printed on a 3-D printer. The quality was excellent - just like a moulded one.

Reactions: EddiePJ and Arbol
C

Cyclezee

Some Shanghai Snaps

Typical electric scooter, one careful owner:eek:
P1050932a.jpg
Some eZee batteries ready to ship
P1050823 copy.jpg
eZee controllers
2012-03-26 06.17.45.jpg
eZee motor wheels
P1050838.JPG