Shopping list compatible with Q100C rear wheel

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
Hi All,
I started out with a Q100C rear wheel with a S06S/S-LCD6 controller, but upgraded to a Q128C for a bit more speed. This was a few years ago now. Everything has been great and I couldn't be more pleased with the set up.

I had the bare Q128 motor build into a wheel by my excellent local bike shop so had the Q100 ready to go - always hoping to persuade my wife to let me tackle her bike. Its only taken a few years, but I finally have the go ahead (one tiny benefit of petrol at near £2/L)

So, firstly a sanity check - is buying the rest of the components to work with the motor sensible or would it be better to get a full conversion kit ?

I've created shopping list on bmsbattery dot com - this was where I bought most of the previous items - is this still recommended ?
- is getting the battery from BMS a good idea ?
- do I need a cable from the battery to the controller ?
- can I use the existing charger I have with this battery (can't see what sort of socket this battery has) hoping it will fit my 2.5mm jack?
- anything else I'm missing ?

SHOPPING CART

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have the motor, then yes only the battery and electronics are needed. KT still stand out as the best non oem controller kit to use.
One can also look on topbikekit to compare prices etc, there are afew more kt lcd's to choose from as well.
Nothing wrong with buying the battery from china as well but also look into buying one from ebay or even yosepower to see if the price may be as good, certainly any issues then yose are very good with CS.
E-Bike Battery (yosepower.co.uk)

Battery to controller connection will vary but it isn't to hard to change one of them over if not matching.
The 2.5mm charge jack connection isn't used as much as the 2.1mm jack but again not an issue as one can simply buy 2.5 - 2.1 jack converter. The battery uses a 2.1mm jack plug.

Last edited:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I'm not sure that battery is worth buying. 2.5Ah is tiny. That's only 90Wh and, assuming a 10Wh/mile usage, gives only 9 miles range.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm not sure that battery is worth buying. 2.5Ah is tiny. That's only 90Wh and, assuming a 10Wh/mile usage, gives only 9 miles range.
????
It is 10ah using 2500mah cells in 4P configuration, it is 360wh.

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
The Yose Power 350W rear kit with a 13Ah battery is only £352 including delivery. I suspect with BMS the price would not include a tax demand from the courier so may be more expensive, and the integration is all at my risk.

Any experience of Yosepower and demands for extra money along the chain ?

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I have four bikes powered by Q100H motors, which I bought as bare motors, and then laced up myself. All were ala-carte as I bought the parts separately.

I alway check pswpower.com, bsmbattery.com, and topbikekit.com to see which has the best price to me after adding shipping. I prefer the dual voltage 6FET 20A KT controllers for their size. I used to like the KT LCD3 display, but recently got a color KT LCD9 which has a built in throttle. It's small and I really cannot see much beyond the speed, but it's very stealthy,