(show us what you got) could it be possible to have a gallery as most sites do

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
hi all, it appears to me that on this brilliant comprehesive site that i find one thing lacking, i feel sure it is probably been discussed before but why no gallery, as it would be interesting to share the views of your pride and joy.

Geoff

Ninelives

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2008
Bike Picture as requested

As it was a nice day 2nd April 09 (19c) went out for a 30 mile cycle along the coast on dirt tracks on my bike here are a couple of pictures.

Location was 1st Kirkalday,Fife esplanade.

Then coastal walkers right of way route Kirkalday towards Kinghorn in Fife.

Sorry for the large picture size (hope you are on broadband) ;-)

Last edited:

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
show us yours

thanks you started the ball rolling hopefully, looks nice bike how do you find it ?
Geoff

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
hi all, it appears to me that on this brilliant comprehesive site that i find one thing lacking, i feel sure it is probably been discussed before but why no gallery, as it would be interesting to share the views of your pride and joy.

Geoff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

show us yours and we'll show you ours :)

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Well I'm Impressed by the pics. How did you do it? Whenever I've tried to post pics on the site I seem either to be limited to the size of a large postage stamp, or have to put the pics on Filckr and then post a link to them... So please tell me how you did that? :)

Cheers, Phil

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well I'm Impressed by the pics. How did you do it? Whenever I've tried to post pics on the site I seem either to be limited to the size of a large postage stamp, or have to put the pics on Filckr and then post a link to them... So please tell me how you did that? :)

Cheers, Phil
The size in pixels isn't limited by the file size limits Phil. You just need to resize to a suitable pixel size in a photo
editor on your computer and then save the result as a JPEG with compression to get the file size within the limits.
Many post the pics far too big as above forcing many to scroll from side to side to read the thread, so it's best
to resize to no bigger than 800 pixels wide.

If you haven't got a photo editor program that can resize your photos you'll need to get one. If you have an editor
you'll often find the resize facility in the "Image" dropdown menu.

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Aha, thats how you do it. I was just taking my photo images and cropping them until they fitted in to the file size limit - by which time they were minute! Now I can try posting decent pics, without having to put them on Flickr and post links (which is rather tedious).
Many thanks, Flecc.

Phil

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Here's some more pics for this thread. Whilst we were in Portugal about a month ago, my wife and I went exploring the cycle route along the South Coast. She was on my Dad's Powacycle Windsor whilst I was on my Dad's mate's more conventional non-electric bike.

Here are the two bikes on a stop-off on the way from Olhao to Fusetta

The cycle route runs through the marshes along the costline for quite a long way (173km in total). If you look really closely at the middle of this pic, you can see five flamingos standing in the middle of the water.

Apparently these waterwheels were built by the Moors when they used to occupy Portugal hundreds of years ago. The irrigation system is still going strong, but not with donkey-power anymore.

During my week in Portugal I saw 4 other e-bikes, but I have yet to see a stranger riding one in the UK.

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
I can't imagine anyone would really want to see a piccy of my antique Powabyke Shopper. It looks exactly like everyone elses antique PB Shopper--and it has never been anywhere more exciting than the stable yard, poor deprived thing that it is---but I can certainly take some pics of it if you think they may be of interest.

I am however the worlds worst photographer and whenever I have tried to 'edit' a pic it has always gone disastrously wrong--so if you really do want a piccy it will have to be via a link to Flicka.

And then you can see the 'osses there, as well. ;)

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
show us yours

Hi all, thank you for your input and pics , which is great but not quite what i had in mind , it was more on the theme of a heading called gallery (of which i am sure that were all familiar with ) that containing a photo , and short description and anything that would be of interest to us all especialy modifications etc.

what do you think .?

Geoff

Last edited:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
My Green Edge Blackstar 2:

.....................................................................................................................................(Whoops, just realised that this is not what geostorm had in mind.)

Last edited:

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
.....................................................................................................................................(Whoops, just realised that this is not what geostorm had in mind.)
perhaps not but i like seeing other peoples bikes any way .
ps .
funky bike

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
show us yours in gallery

Hi all, and Bode THAT IS FINE this being the latest addition be nice if you could add little description , otherwise it is ok and thanks, for your interesting machine thank you for your input and pics , which is great but not quite what i had in mind , it was more on the theme of a heading called gallery (of which i am sure that were all familiar with ) that containing a photo , and short description and anything that would be of interest to us all especialy modifications etc.

what do you think .?

Geoff[/QUOTE]

loubyloo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 29, 2008
York
Guilty and Ashamed

love the Photos but feeling very guilty as my poor Giant is in desparate nedd of a bit of TLC. can I ask have you ever had any problems with your Battery Charger ? mine has blown up twice and sometimes fails to fully charge I had heard they had a bit of a problem but wondered how widespread it was. :)

loubyloo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 29, 2008
York
Work Horse

Perhaps we could exchange photos on the best way to pile our poor bikes up with saddles rugs and bags of carrots I dont have a flicka but theres a Penny who will happily stand around in the background if need be :D
I can't imagine anyone would really want to see a piccy of my antique Powabyke Shopper. It looks exactly like everyone elses antique PB Shopper--and it has never been anywhere more exciting than the stable yard, poor deprived thing that it is---but I can certainly take some pics of it if you think they may be of interest.

I am however the worlds worst photographer and whenever I have tried to 'edit' a pic it has always gone disastrously wrong--so if you really do want a piccy it will have to be via a link to Flicka.

And then you can see the 'osses there, as well. ;)

Ninelives

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2008
love the Photos but feeling very guilty as my poor Giant is in desparate nedd of a bit of TLC. can I ask have you ever had any problems with your Battery Charger ? mine has blown up twice and sometimes fails to fully charge I had heard they had a bit of a problem but wondered how widespread it was. :)
I have 3 Battery packs & 3 chargers for my Giant Suede or that should be 2 Giant Suedes, one of the bikes has not yet been out on the road from new, just waiting on summer and the salt to wash away before using the new bike.

I only have a problem with one of the chargers, the discharge function does
not seem to work, the discharge LED flashes a couple of times then switches
back over to charging.

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
Perhaps we could exchange photos on the best way to pile our poor bikes up with saddles rugs and bags of carrots I dont have a flicka but theres a Penny who will happily stand around in the background if need be :D
Ooops. I meant Flickr (the on-line photo storage facility) of course.

Actually--the one time I DID load the thing up with a bag of carrots, I was hailed by a friendly passing motorist who kindly advised me that I was leaving behind me a trail of 'breadcrumbs' (in the shape of escaping carrots) in true Hansel and Gretel style.

I felt a bit foolish back-tracking and collecting my wayward vegetables. :)