Slipping Chain on my Agattu. Any words of wisdom?

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Hi,

After 6 months, the chain has started slipping on my agattu and has come off a couple of times.

I've never had this happen on a bike before so i've no idea what to do.

I've checked the teeth of the cogs and they all look intact. The chain looks distinctly baggy.

Any ideas or advice please?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's probably the tensioner arm on the motor unit either sticking or loose on it's bolt. Check to see that it's free to take up slack but not rocking about sideways on it's mounting and also lubricate it's pivot if it's sticking.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi,

After 6 months, the chain has started slipping on my agattu and has come off a couple of times.

I've never had this happen on a bike before so i've no idea what to do.

I've checked the teeth of the cogs and they all look intact. The chain looks distinctly baggy.

Any ideas or advice please?
My tensioner was causing rattling land clicking ike crazy for ages and my gears were slipping and crunching all ober the place.. you may remember?? After some sound advice, I oiled the tensioner and chain and all was well again.. I have found that I need to repeat the process every couple of weeks otherwise it starts to creep in again.
BW
musicbooks

Burnsey

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2007
I've had problems with my chain on my Pro-Connect, after some advice from the forum I've oiled the tensioner and fingers crossed no chain off yet!:rolleyes:

levelgaze

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2008
I had this occasionally on my Agattu. I had the rear wheel off to fix a puncture this morning, then when I rode to work, it was slipping like crazy. I had neglected to position the chain tensioner properly when I put the back wheel on. In rectifying this, I noticed that it was a bit sticky on its pivot, and wiggled it a bit. The chain and gear changes felt much, much better than they ever had.