small frame bikes for a 5 foot woman

broombank

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2010
Does anybody have a recommendation regarding a bike suitable for a woman who needs a saddle ground distance of around 29 inches . We have just taken delivery of an urban mover with 19 inch frame which is at least 4 inches too high even with a reduced height saddle .
Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the eZee Chopper which is designed for the smaller person could just be right. The agents Onbike are very helpful and may be able to measure the minimum saddle height for you. It has a sprung seatpost which wastes 2" and that could be changed for a normal one. It is an expensive model though, but a superb hill climber. It's maximum assist speed is 13 mph.

Otherwise, for something cheaper you may find a model amongst the various small wheel folding types. This Battribike Buzz is about the smallest I've seen, heavy with SLA battery, but very low cost. Again the sprung seatpost can be changed to drop a couple more inches.

Last edited:

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Does anybody have a recommendation regarding a bike suitable for a woman who needs a saddle ground distance of around 29 inches . We have just taken delivery of an urban mover with 19 inch frame which is at least 4 inches too high even with a reduced height saddle .
Thanks
Have a look at Islabikes, she makes beautiful scaled bikes for kids, but the larger ones are perfect for smaller ladies. Then have a kit put on one. Something like this one but with flat bars and comfy saddle. She is very approachable. Islabikes Luath 700 large – road racing bike for kids age 13+

Here is the sizing guide
http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/pdfs/sizes/Size_Chart_web.pdf
Nigel

Last edited:

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
My wife is 4'11", and has a 45cm step thru Pro Connect. Me having the bigger diamond frame version means we can swap batteries / I have the use of 2 batteries / 2 chargers gives us plenty of versatility.

A lot of money mind.

John

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Broombank,

Have a look at the UM55. My Technical Manager has a 4 foot 11 wife who can quite comfortably ride one.

It has a 26V Lithium ion Panasonic battery and is £799.

Let me know if you need anything else

broombank

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2010
thanks to you all

many thanks for the helpful suggestions . I will investigate .

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Good luck in finding your perfect fit.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Wisper 805 or 806 :)

jkirkebo

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2009
The Ezee Forza has a VERY small frame. So small that I had to get a custom seatpost made as there are no 450mm+ seatposts in 25.4mm available.