Small Rear Xiongda Motor

D

Deleted member 4366

You can get DNP ones from Aliexpress. I have 11T/32T 8 speed ones for £20.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I got mine direct from DNP. With shipping it worked out about the same price as it would have if d8veh shipped from the UK...

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Have relaced the small Xiongda to a 26" rim ready to trasfer it to another bike.
IMG_20181126_210624.jpg

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
And now the Xiongda is on my sons beat up heavy paper-round bike. PAS only with speed restricted to 12mph, may sneak it a bit lower.
Can the throttle be programmed to walk assist only on these Lishui controllers?
IMG_20181202_120919.jpg

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Didn't know kids still did paper rounds, or were even allowed too. Good on him, that and saturday shelf stacking was how I got my start.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
The motor has failed after 147 miles. At first I thought it was the bearings until I opened up the motor and found this.
IMAG0067.jpgIMAG0068.jpg
Have emailed Xiongda about some replacment gears.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Bugger, what a mess, did the hub get very hot at some point? Hopefully Xiongda will be able to sort you some replacements, an advantage being able to deal with the manufacturer direct.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hmmmm... Are they made from cheese? Looks like your son wasn't in the right gear on a very steep hill.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I don't think the hub got hot because I checked it a few times when I used to mess about on it and it was only hand warm.
Even if he kept it on a high PAS level it should have handled it as he's only small but yes there is some hills on his paper round which he finds hard, especially on 'double papers' day.
There's no throttle fitted and speed limited to 12mph, might reduce that to 10mph next time.
Hopefully Xiongda can supply some gears stronger than cheese.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You need to increase the speed to make it run cooler. Slowing it down is the worst thing for it.
I doubt that higher speed would have made much difference. The stress on the inner cogs is inversely proportional to the diameter of the track. This small motor has about 100mm diameter, stress on its inner cogs are 20% more compared to on an ordinary SWXH.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Xiongda told me the gears have been re-designed to make them stronger and so will not fit in my motor inners anymore, so they have sent me a whole new motor inner and it has been delivered already. Excellent customer service from them.
NEW.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh and Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great result and superb CS from Xiongda.

Benchie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 7, 2017
Bromsgrove
Xiongda told me the gears have been re-designed to make them stronger and so will not fit in my motor inners anymore, so they have sent me a whole new motor inner and it has been delivered already. Excellent customer service from them.
View attachment 29365
Indeed, that is great customer service. I’ve just removed my YTW-06 motor from my bike because it got very noisy. The ‘freewheeling’ clutch type noise got a little worse, but it developed a rattly bearing type noise when pedalling in excess of the motor assist speed. Strangely , it was still relatively quiet when the motor was providing assistance. Gave up and fitted a BBS01B instead (thanks Woosh!).

Out of interest, did you have any problems getting in touch with Bonnie at Xiongda? I tried to email her from two different accounts and both times the messages got bounced. I’d still like to fix my motor if possible.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Out of interest, did you have any problems getting in touch with Bonnie at Xiongda? I tried to email her from two different accounts and both times the messages got bounced. I’d still like to fix my motor if possible.
The first email I found bounced back, but I found another email and Bonnie replied straight away with this one bonnie@xiongdamotor.com.cn she is very helpful and speaks good english

Benchie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 7, 2017
Bromsgrove
The first email I found bounced back, but I found another email and Bonnie replied straight away with this one bonnie@xiongdamotor.com.cn she is very helpful and speaks good english
Thanks awol, that’s the same address I’ve been using for Bonnie. No idea why the messages get bounced back - I’m using the same email account that I used when I ordered it 18 months ago. I’ll persevere!