soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will void the warranty using it like that lol

even if you scratch that will void the warranty tbh

GDW40

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 12, 2015
The Smart eBike if you can get one is fantastic value for money, you still have the 2yr warranty, they are made by Grace bikes in conjunction with Mercedes. If you look at the spec you get on one for £1,069 it is stunning, I bought mine knowing that in 2yrs it will have paid for itself, anything after that is a bonus. .
Hi - Smart eBiker - how did you get it for £1069? List price seems to be about £1800. Do you know anything about them being out of production? Spoke to customer services who advised me to speak to a "retail dealership" as opposed to a "franchised dealership". Nearest to me in Newcastle is Manchester. They said they "believed" they were still in production. Difficult to get a straight answer.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i think he got it from Germany

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
you will void the warranty using it like that lol

even if you scratch that will void the warranty tbh
Read the John Lewis link and look at the 'additional' accidental damage warranty for 3 YEARS for £49 they offer, no excess and it doesn't affect your home insurance, full details on their site. I took it out as I watch films while cycling and if I hit a pedestrian, say when I wasn't looking and they hit it, I could damage it :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
trust me it will not be covered if they find out as it has sensors in it so be able to tell it was going 15mph in ur living room.

warranty will be with apple not John lewis as its called apple care.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Hi - Smart eBiker - how did you get it for £1069? List price seems to be about £1800. Do you know anything about them being out of production? Spoke to customer services who advised me to speak to a "retail dealership" as opposed to a "franchised dealership". Nearest to me in Newcastle is Manchester. They said they "believed" they were still in production. Difficult to get a straight answer.
I bought mine in Germany, another forum member got a special black one with suspension and rack, its a limited edition, from Belgium, I am looking at getting another for my wife but may go for something totally awesome and different, I don't like being a sheep, I do things my way and I always do it thoroughly. I have the number of two dealers in Belgium who will sell you one at around £1,069, the other forum member gave me the details as I was going to buy a second for the boat, but they had a few in stock so happy to share. Shipping will be around £150 but in truth you could pop over on the Eurotunnel and pick it up in Ostend, day trips are on ofer at the moment so do a booze run at the same time, only certain carriers will take them with batteries but the other forum member has just received his today so can give you the shippers info.

Forget about the sad people on here slagging them off, they have no clue what they are on about and have never ridden or even seen one, I have one and ride it every other day, spare batteries are £300 at the moment but they should last over 3yrs, I have costed my ownership air 2yrs so haven;t bothered getting a spare. Mercedes will look after you, don't listen to the know nothing about its on here, I unfortunately had to use the Mercedes warranty on day one and had a brand new bike on day 2.

Let me know if I can help, and don't forget the giant iPad Pro from John Lewis for your cycling movies while going along :)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
trust me it will not be covered if they find out as it has sensors in it so be able to tell it was going 15mph in ur living room.

warranty will be with apple not John lewis as its called apple care.
Pleased don't speak out of your @rse, the warranty is with John Lewis after year 1 NOT APPLE, plus I have accidental cover for the WHOLE period, there is no mention of not using it as a sat nav or watching movies while peddling, I have Google glasses and they made my eyes wonky, much easier to watch a film on this AND you can watch 2 at once with the split screen the processor is so blazing fast :), PLEASE READ IT BEFORE TALKING NONSENSE!!!

Oh! and if I am in one of my cars driving at over 150mph (where legal) and drop the iPad in the car, or using it as a sat nav on my motor cruiser at 40 knots, what are they going to do about that!! Goodness you are a silly boy making up nonsense!

Anyway I can link in a camera for rear view, how cool is that, I have a Waeco system in my motorhome that is fantastic with dual lenses, all vehicles should have them and record in case of accidents. I must say I seemed to be the only person with an iPad Pro as a Sat Nav on my bike when I was out today, I didn't get lost though :) :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
sounds like you have never dealt with apple warranty problems lol n thank god i dont have to any more to much of a pita when it goes tits up tbh.

you can check ur warranty status on the apple site here
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/;jsessionid=HZvBWGpNZ1HHhbHK6hs93kL3yRG4tnW1PKLdHhn7Xpmbnpb0b4zL!-1182957759

id also renew the warranty dir with apple when it runs out ;)
My iMac is with Apple Care and that has been excellent, only used them of help in settings not anything broken though. I am in the US next month, Apple products are a bit cheaper there but you have to be careful as iPhones and iPad Extra Care warranties are only valid in the country they are bought in, so if you bought one over in the US you would have to send the product there for repair, computers are OK, you can pick them up much cheaper and the Extra Care warranties are much cheaper over there, you can buy them on Amazon.com, but with taxes I always like to buy here, the extra 3 years with John Lewis was a nice touch.

I normally self insure anyway, if I bought a warranty for everything I buy I may as well start up my own brokerage, I normally work out a pay back period then after that is over I don't care. I have an awful lot of really nice gadgets and gizmos, all top quality if anyone wants anything, I can't take it them to the charity shop as its all far too nice, I do take stuff there, in fact they come out the shop when I turn up in my car now to help unload :) At my age I want to declutter, but normally have a few new toys arrive every day of the week, I had 358 toys from Amazon last year, missed out on the 360, 1 a day every day as we spend the summer in the South of France and I was using the .fr site that didn't count :) Only 177 from them this year so far as I have been abroad a lot, so I know a little about buying stuff and warranties :)

Snap 2015-11-13 at 22.18.49, 286x468.png Snap 2015-11-13 at 22.17.58, 297x304.png

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
Pleased don't speak out of your @rse, the warranty is with John Lewis after year 1 NOT APPLE, plus I have accidental cover for the WHOLE period, there is no mention of not using it as a sat nav or watching movies while peddling, I have Google glasses and they made my eyes wonky, much easier to watch a film on this AND you can watch 2 at once with the split screen the processor is so blazing fast :), PLEASE READ IT BEFORE TALKING NONSENSE!!!

Oh! and if I am in one of my cars driving at over 150mph (where legal) and drop the iPad in the car, or using it as a sat nav on my motor cruiser at 40 knots, what are they going to do about that!! Goodness you are a silly boy making up nonsense!

Anyway I can link in a camera for rear view, how cool is that, I have a Waeco system in my motorhome that is fantastic with dual lenses, all vehicles should have them and record in case of accidents. I must say I seemed to be the only person with an iPad Pro as a Sat Nav on my bike when I was out today, I didn't get lost though :) :)
I know you have had disagreements with others on here and I don't really want to argue with you, so I'll just give an opinion instead.
In my opinion your head is full of mad dog's shite and your opinionated views are some of the last informative on this forum.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I know you have had disagreements with others on here and I don't really want to argue with you, so I'll just give an opinion instead.
In my opinion your head is full of mad dog's shite and your opinionated views are some of the last informative on this forum.
Thank you for the kind words, you can go back in your cage now :)

I don't pretend to be any expert at all on eBikes and have stated that, I know I have bought a stunning bike, bought with stunning research at an accidental stunning price, I know your jealous and wished you had bought one, but you had better be quick there are only a few left!

Have a great weekend :)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Now THAT is a bike and a half, but having read about the warranty issues I will give it a miss, in fact I had my eye on a Xduro Nduro pro but a post on here about the warranty put me off. I was also looking at their Fat Boy or whatever they call them bikes as a toy for the motorhome in the summer in St Tropez, they looked cool, also great in the snow!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have a xduro all mtn pro and lasted the hole warranty what was the post about the nduro warranty issues?

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
i have a xduro all mtn pro and lasted the hole warranty what was the post about the nduro warranty issues?

The post related to the fact that Haibike can only be repaired under warranty at the place you bought it, something to do with dodgy cheap sellers not taking their fair share of the warranty work when good bike shops who have invested in kit end up with all the repairs, apparently Haibike pay for parts if covered but not labour. That was one reason I went for Mercedes Smart, so I can sleep at night, all those who buy an ebike off ebay or direct from China have to weigh up the risks of it going wrong, these things are expensive to ship about.

I did my calculations and ended up with what I have, I'm not stupid, I worked very hard to earn my F off money, now I am retired and do exactly what I want, go wherever I want in the world, when I want and buy whatever I want, I don't like inefficiency or these chavvie wide boy salesmen who are here today gone tomorrow out to make squick buck, just like house insulation salesmen or solar panels, all sleezy scammers nicking money off the tax payer or energy customers with subsidies and not a brain amongst them, they just follow the next craze.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
then get 1 from ebike shop like i told my m8 on my site to get 1 from martin as wanted dongle end of and warranty.

ill try get him do a review soon:)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
then get 1 from ebike shop like i told my m8 on my site to get 1 from martin as wanted dongle end of and warranty.

ill try get him do a review soon:)
Thats very nice, I feel sorry for Martin after the bullies on here having being publicly having a go at him, its outrageous and all it has done is damage the industry showing in fighting and bitterness. I have been cleaning my fish tank this evening :) Have a great weekend, don't get too muddy!

Reactions: robdon

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Off topic, at least 60 murdered in terrorist attack in France this evening, bombs gone off, at least 100 hostages taken, mayhem and murder, thoughts are with victims and families, be vigilant we could be next!!!!