So Confused....

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Col,

Main forum - no sales replies please.
This sub-forum - sales replies allowed on condition:
... This sub-forum, brands mentioned - traders please stick to the brands.
... This sub-forum, no brands mentioned - any trade response allowed.

We've been through this several times. It works if everyone is sensible about it. This is why I created this sub-forum, so people have a choice whether they want to solicit trade responses or not.

But as normal, if something becomes a problem, we can all talk about it and come up with another solution.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Colin,some are very keen sellers...you have the advantage of a sizeable distributor supporting your efforts,many e-bike distributors are supported by other large businesses and the e-bike business is looked upon as having future potential,if it currently 'washes its face' or makes a modest profit that will do. It must be very difficult if your living is reliant on selling electric bikes -yes some are desperate and many are not surviving.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
It must be very difficult if your living is reliant on selling electric bikes -yes some are desperate and many are not surviving.
KudosDave
erm.. who?
are you trying to say 'without a bigger brother, many won't survive?'

C

Cyclezee

come on John... you know the rules....

the OP didn't ask about your brands, so please don't post your recomendations of the brands you distribute. It starts a trend that others will follow. If every brand did this in every thread it'll spoil the whole forum for everyone.
Hi KTM bloke,

Sorry I don't know your name. Thank you for reminding me of the rules.:rolleyes: If you read the first part of my post you will see that I suggested Pixie contacted Wisper direct which is the best way to resolve this problem and that is exactly what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Gosh. Like waking up in a wasps nest, what's happening to this forum?
jon and kudos dave I recall well enough as good steady contributors to this once proud arena, not admin duty. This poor woman has been raped to the tune of £1800 for a duff bike and you queue for another go! what all this subforum nonsense is about I dont even wish to dwell, let's get back on track to the business of promoting the idea of ebiking in the uk and if its anyones forum it's no'ones forum.
Pixie, the guys name is trex as in tyranosaurus.
The best thing you ebike salesmen could do is get the duff bikes in the skip and the decent ones on the shelf.
Excuse me, I think that might be my supper burning in the oven. Hi y'all?

Pixie5740

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 10, 2014
Gosh. Like waking up in a wasps nest, what's happening to this forum?
jon and kudos dave I recall well enough as good steady contributors to this once proud arena, not admin duty. This poor woman has been raped to the tune of £1800 for a duff bike and you queue for another go! what all this subforum nonsense is about I dont even wish to dwell, let's get back on track to the business of promoting the idea of ebiking in the uk and if its anyones forum it's no'ones forum.
Pixie, the guys name is trex as in tyranosaurus.
The best thing you ebike salesmen could do is get the duff bikes in the skip and the decent ones on the shelf.
Excuse me, I think that might be my supper burning in the oven. Hi y'all?
Thanks hech. My iPad likes to autocorrect trex :)

I think I was unfortunate and just got a duff bike which was further compounded by the dealer. Really it should have been exchanged since it didn't work in the first place and I should have insisted upon it.

One of the dealer's mechanics is coming round to look at it this lunch time in the hope that it's something simple and a quick fix. A quick fix they were unable to find/do in the 6 weeks they just spent "repairing" my bike. :rolleyes:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
'He' was also fairly concerend about flashing 'his' knickers, because 'he' was wearing a skirt.

It does pay to know your customer.
In 21st century Britain Kudoscycles could be right !

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
As the mechanic and assistant marketing genius behind a 5 ebike hire racket in the far north this summer, I have lots of sympathy for all the moving, shaking dudes on the front line of ebike sales and development in urban UK, cheers chaps:)
Pixie, for £1800 you should be able to buy the very best there is, it is lamentatious that you are in this fix. I am persistently amazed by this marketplace, the ebike bazaar.:eek:

Pixie5740

Mar 10, 2014
As the mechanic and assistant marketing genius behind a 5 ebike hire racket in the far north this summer, I have lots of sympathy for all the moving, shaking dudes on the front line of ebike sales and development in urban UK, cheers chaps:)
Pixie, for £1800 you should be able to buy the very best there is, it is lamentatious that you are in this fix. I am persistently amazed by this marketplace, the ebike bazaar.:eek:
Thankfully I bought this contraption using a credit card so I've now got Visa on the case to get me a refund since the bike has spent more time being "repaired" than in my possession.

The dealer sent a knuckle-dragger round to collect my bike yesterday, the same one that allegedly fixed it. Apparently they're going to attempt another fix and wouldn't discuss a refund as he was just doing as he was told and the store manager is off. Sigh.

The really irritating thing is that I wanted an electric bike to commute to work on but since it isn't working I'm having to drive to work which costs me £7.30 a day in parking plus petrol so thus far having an electric bike has saved me diddly squat.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I pulled my advertising because the traffic from this forum to my website had fallen to almost nil,only 430 clicks in 2 months-I have spoken to others who have also questioned the viability of the site.
I feel I have bought some 'life' into the discussions on the site,my posting on lightweight bikes bought a dynamic posting with a lot of input.
Please note how many traders have stopped making postings on the site,if you carry on with these petty rules there won't be anybody left,a light touch needed not the big stick!
KudosDave
Hi Dave, sorry to read your clicks have fallen, maybe it has something to do with the weather? I have found the opposite. The click through to our site is up by more than 50% on the same period last year. Of course this may be due to the interest in electric bikes being greater than in the snows of early 2013, but when I compare the cost against our Google pay per click, it seems excellent value.

I do agree it is more difficult to navigate than in the past, but I for one am happy to continue to support this fantastic site.

It would be interesting to find out if the Pedelec uniques are higher now than last year?

All the best

David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thankfully I bought this contraption using a credit card so I've now got Visa on the case to get me a refund since the bike has spent more time being "repaired" than in my possession.

The dealer sent a knuckle-dragger round to collect my bike yesterday, the same one that allegedly fixed it. Apparently they're going to attempt another fix and wouldn't discuss a refund as he was just doing as he was told and the store manager is off. Sigh.

The really irritating thing is that I wanted an electric bike to commute to work on but since it isn't working I'm having to drive to work which costs me £7.30 a day in parking plus petrol so thus far having an electric bike has saved me diddly squat.
Hi Pixie,

Thanks for your email. I have just sent you a response.

I have also spoken a director of Edinburgh Cycle Coop at their head office. He was sorry to hear that you felt the young man that drove to your house to pick up the bike was a "knuckle dragger" and will be having a word with him tomorrow.

The bike is going to be collected from EBC's shop and shipped to Southampton for us to check over. However I understand that a refund has been already been offered can you confirm this for me?

EBC are also under the impression that the bike is being stored outside, is that the case?

Best regards and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

David

Pixie5740

Mar 10, 2014
Hi Pixie,

Thanks for your email. I have just sent you a response.

I have also spoken a director of Edinburgh Cycle Coop at their head office. He was sorry to hear that you felt the young man that drove to your house to pick up the bike was a "knuckle dragger" and will be having a word with him tomorrow.

The bike is going to be collected from EBC's shop and shipped to Southampton for us to check over. However I understand that a refund has been already been offered can you confirm this for me?

EBC are also under the impression that the bike is being stored outside, is that the case?

Best regards and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

David
Dave, I have emailed you back.

I have never been offered a refund but I have requested one although I don't think I'm getting there with that.

No the bike is not stored outside.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Pixie I hope the issue is now on the way to getting resolved, I'm sure it is as you're in touch with David; I didn’t want to hijack the thread before now because of that.

FWG David thanks for your positive feedback on this site. Traffic has increased year on year to the site. The comparison to Google adwords is one we’re aware of too and believe we compare more than favourably to and while banner prices have been frozen for a long time now, e-bike companies are also sharing their good news for free on our home page too, those expanding into larger & new showrooms such as CME, E-Bikeshop and 50cycles coverage to come soon, great to see.

And ultimately advertising supports great things like this – http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/anorexic-in-recovery.17064/ -a friendly community helping someone else get started on her new electric bike - which is what it’s all about, so thank you to all of you who support the site.