So then.... Whats the best conversion kit

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I would recommend the Tongsheng TSDZ2 48V 250W kit which is the nearest to what you currently ride (Scott Eride 920).
The TSDZ2 has torque sensor, is smaller and lighter than the cadence sensored BBS01B.
What would be the sensor on the Scott i have ?, would that be torque ?.
If thats the case I think that would be best sticking to what feels right. TBH its a field im totally clueless about. Cadence i might not get on with as im not a great peddler, I prefer to do a few revolutions to get up to speed, cruise in freewheel and then a bit more peddling to maintain speed and momentum.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you have torque sensor in your Scott Eride 920 which gives instant power when you push off from standstill.
If you are not a good pedaller and where you live is very hilly, get the TSDZ2 with throttle, you get to keep the good characteristic of the ride but when you are tired, the throttle turns the bike into a motorbike.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Well thanks for the replies everyone,and something to be getting on with, should I find the time to actually get on with it.

I had a notion of maybe looking towards using something like a Bosch 500w battery of the type and model the Scott uses, so if needed i can double it up for piggyback on the Scott for an 1125wh range boost. But I think that might prove to be too much of the expensive option.

Thanks especially to Woosh :cool:

Reactions: Woosh