Some advance info on the latest 2016 Kudos models

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I very much like that K16 colour, in my opinion it really suits that kind of bike. Like the styling, a little bit cheeky with an element of fun about it:

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
I like the Verona and the Miami, predictably, but why such fat tyres on the Miami? That colour scheme on the Miami is nice as well.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I quite like the colour of the Alamo.

As someone who does a lot of miles, not very often, I'd like to have the option of a bigger battery.

The battery integration looks very neat though and Woosh replacement batteries are normally excellent value.

The tyres in the picture look more like the rather narrow 28mm Karoo tyres.
Are they really 35mm as mentioned in the spec?

Last edited:

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
@kudosdave,
Re the alamo /stealth, I definitely think you should be commended for the above together with the whoosh Karoo which I agree could be the future of fast sport /Commuter ebiking.
However I have to ask what was the purpose of producing such marmite colour schemes, which it could be argued will put off many people who might otherwise have been attracted to the model?
Not having a go just interested in the thinking behind the colour choice.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Hi Rip,

As Dave has already pointed out after nearly 3 years of listening to my customers who come through my doors here in London its me thats fed back to Dave that we needed more colour.

The pictures taken are supplied from a warehouse with very poor lighting, often in the past these bike have looked far better in the flesh once landed on my doormat.

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Hi Rip,

As Dave has already pointed out after nearly 3 years of listening to my customers who come through my doors here in London its me thats fed back to Dave that we needed more colour.

The pictures taken are supplied from a warehouse with very poor lighting, often in the past these bike have looked far better in the flesh once landed on my doormat.
And how many customers come through your doors and ask if they can get a bike in magnolia, or beige..... not many i bet, if any at all.
The Chinese may make good products at reasonable prices, but they really need a lesson in current trends of colours and making something look cool. Even when they get the colour right the graphics are often terrible. The Karoo has graphics that look like a throwback to the 80's and then they add partly chrome coloured grips from a cruiser motorcycle.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Did the Allegro ever look like this?View attachment 14044
I think the Beige colour is brave and wouldn't be my choice but I can see it being very popular with the trendy city types. (picture this bike outside a Brighton bistro) Good luck with your new range it is innovative and commercial and I'm pretty sure it will do well. It deserves to!

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Lancslass

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
And how many customers come through your doors and ask if they can get a bike in magnolia, or beige..... not many i bet, if any at all.
The Chinese may make good products at reasonable prices, but they really need a lesson in current trends of colours and making something look cool. Even when they get the colour right the graphics are often terrible. The Karoo has graphics that look like a throwback to the 80's and then they add partly chrome coloured grips from a cruiser motorcycle.
Surely the Chinese build the bike but the English importer must specify the colour? Dave won't have just asked the Chinese manufacturer to build the bike and do it in any color they fancy.
Juicys bikes are Chinese but Bob Wales is very specific about the colours be wants for his bikes and they produce nice coloured bikes (well I think so anyway). The Chinese must be able to mix colours just like we can, to produce a specific colour . The colour in question is not to everyone's taste but it is very retro, which i do like. The fiat 500 do a creamy mushroom colour which suits the car because it is retro.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Surely the Chinese build the bike but the English importer must specify the colour? Dave won't have just asked the Chinese manufacturer to build the bike and do it in any color they fancy.
Juicys bikes are Chinese but Bob Wales is very specific about the colours be wants for his bikes and they produce nice coloured bikes (well I think so anyway). The Chinese must be able to mix colours just like we can, to produce a specific colour . The colour in question is not to everyone's taste but it is very retro, which i do like. The fiat 500 do a creamy mushroom colour which suits the car because it is retro.
I agree that some colours do suit certain types of things and cream does go with retro designed vehicles like the Fiat 500...... But the Alamo is not a retro bike is it ! Its designed as a fast road bike and the design is also quite modern, especially by Ebike standards.
I've no doubt some will buy it in that colour and be happy with that colour..... but i dont think it will appeal to many.
Of course i'm judging it solely by pics of it...... LEBC Tom may well be right that its looks far better in real life.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Everyone will be doing it next year, Dave is leading.

C

Cyclezee

eZee have a similar colour...they call it sand which rhymes with bland, but the Sprint is also available in red, green, black, pink, yellow, black, blue, white.
Some other models are available in British racing green, turquoise and silver, the choice is mind boggling.

I'm beginning to think Henry Ford had the right idea.
ezee-sprint-sand.jpg

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I think the Beige colour is brave and wouldn't be my choice but I can see it being very popular with the trendy city types. (picture this bike outside a Brighton bistro)
The main reason that the colours don't work, is that they are trying to emulate the classic lines and colour scheme of many a lovely steel framed single speed bike. The styling of the Kudos bikes, especially in respect of having a rear cassette and rear derailleur, just don't work.

Being blunt, a single speed bike in those colours parked outside a Brighton bistro would work brilliantly, but a Kudos parked outside a bistro in those colours, would just be an embarrassment.

The bikes might be fine, and probably are, but the colour scheme is a big failure.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
I sent a picture of this bike to my son in London who is a trendy who works in advertising and lives in Islington etc. His replied that the bike looks amazing and couldn't believe it was only £800
That's a bit like people on Masterchef who, when asked if they can cook, reply that their family and friends always like their food!:p:D

C

Cyclezee

Have you got any new models in the pipeline? those designs are getting on a bit now.
Hi Artsu,

The list of current eZee bikes can be seen here http://cyclezee.com/ezee-e-bikes--pedelecs.html there are also a couple of other models not shown, the Forza LST stepthru with rear motor, Bolt stepthru with front motor and Viento folder with rear motor.
The thing about eZee bikes looking dated has been said before, but they are made for the world market, not just the UK or Europe and the simple fact is they sell worldwide and have been doing so for more than a decade.

Lots of changes and improvements have been made over the years, but essentially they are practical electric bicycles that work and keep on working.

e.g. these two Sprints date from 2006 and came to me recently for servicing, they needed the following parts to have them working as good as new, 2 batteries, 1 throttle, 2 chain guards,1 front light, 2 sets of brake pads.
IMG_20160502_114200 copy.jpg