"Sorry, he has a problem with his eyes!" says the passenger.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
My point is that the driver of the car is many things. He's a dangerous tw8t, a selfish r's hole and total wakner.

SW brings race into argument, which is totally irrelevant. That's exactly what racism is.
I do see that point Alan. :)

Other than the naughty word, SW made a harsh, yet an interesting point. So let's consider that it may well be relevant.

Relevant to him driving in this country, whilst visually impaired. Relevant, in that he doesn't wind down the window and apologise in the English language, at least. Relevant to where he learned to drive and how he drives without due care and attention. He could well be born and bred here for all we know right now. I'm sure we'll find all the answers to these questions and more during the course of this interesting thread. Until then, stay tuned. :)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
SW is a prat. Ok he uses words that many find offensive. Got it.
He is also helping others and straight.
I don't agree with all he does but he isn't so bad.
It's it worth getting into a fight over a lax use of an old term?
Let's just forget the term paki, I use monkey for my daughter.
If you find that offensive please explain why?

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

I wouldn'tbe offended if someone called me a Brit. What's wrong with calling a Pakistani Paki?

Is it wrong to call somebody from USA a Yank or an Australian an Ossie?

How come there's nothing wrong with calling someone a thick four-eyed bar steward, but you can't call him a thick four-eyed Welsh bar steward, when Welsh is the only true word, and you're allowed to call him a Welsh guy?

I think you correctness police have gone nuts.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A lot if that isn't even where they came from.

Also, just because you aren't offended by derogatory name calling, it doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't be.

Just because someone is offended doesn't make it racist.
Surely a racist person hates everyone not of his ethnicity. No exceptions.
I got in the way of a van driver and he called me a bald 4 eyed bstd. That doesn't mean hi is baldist or that he hates all fatherless bespectacled bald people. Just me at that time!

D

Deleted member 4366

A lot if that isn't even where they came from.

Also, just because you aren't offended by derogatory name calling, it doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't be.

Hmmmmm! I thought all Pakistanis come from Pakistan.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just because someone is offended doesn't make it racist.
Surely a racist person hates everyone not of his ethnicity. No exceptions.
I got in the way of a van driver and he called me a bald 4 eyed bstd. That doesn't mean hi is baldist or that he hates all fatherless bespectacled bald people. Just me at that time!
The addition of "ist" to a word is confusing and often wrong anyway.

Does an accordionist hate accordians?

Does an accupuncturist hate accupuncture?

Does an accompanist hate accompanying?

Of course not, they like those things, so presumably a racist likes anything to do with race?

Making all the entrants of the Tour de France racists. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The addition of "ist" to a word is confusing and often wrong anyway.

Does an accordionist hate accordians?

Does an accupuncturist hate accupuncture?

Does an accompanist hate accompanying?

Of course not, they like those things, so presumably a racist likes anything to do with race?

Making all the entrants of the Tour de France racists. :)
Of course some would say my post above is aist, since I only quoted words beginning with "a". So I'd better balance those three with Zeitgeist, Zitherist and Zoologist. ;)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
They do, so in the context of this thread, why have you felt the need not to differentiate with the assumption made by SW? You are just as bad, by not pulling him up on it.
It's a derogatory term, in white usage. SW you're out of order! However, I do hear the youth using it a lot to define themselves. And also the N word. I suppose that by referencing themselves in this way, it numbs any intended pain.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ