sparta ion and giant twist 1.0

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Well if it went fast enough:D
and far enough:) we could always stick a seat on it:p may be your on to something flecc i feel a new design coming on:eek: nigel

serindipity2uk

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Gazelle Easy Glider

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS FOUND THEMSELVES HERE SEEKING MORE INFO ON THE EASY GLIDER:
Having recently purchased an Easy Glider I have with the aid of Google Translator translated the Dutch Manual into English (minus some illustrations).
If anyone would like a copy please email me at: serindipity@lineone.net and I will send you one. Please make your Subject: ' Easy Glider Manual'.
In some of it I have had to make a 'best guess' interpretation so bear this in mind and check the original Dutch manual or contact a Gazelle stockist if you are unsure.

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
The Sparta didn't look electric , and also didn't sound electric, I couldn't hear the motor at all, the quieter than the crystalyte 5 or 4 series brushless hub motors. Strangley it didn't feel electric either, the pedelec system was so intuitive it just felt like I was a really strong cyclist. Looked gorgeous aswell. I've no idea on the performance as a I only went for quick ride.
Didn't look electric, didn't sound electric (no sound at all), didn't feel electric....
Are you sure you found the on/off switch? :)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the Sparta Ion M-gear is a great e-bike in so many ways. Sadly though that is bought by using a low power direct drive motor and it is a useless hill climber. One reviewer said it just had enough power to pull it's own weight up a steep hill, leaving the rider to do as much as they would on an unpowered bike.

Perhaps not surprising though. It's a Dutch design and originally had no gears for their very flat home market, but after trying it in sales in the UK and being widely criticised for the lack of gears, they added the derailleur and the M-gear name. Didn't make up for the lack of motor power though.

These remarks also apply to the same maker's Koga Minolta e-bike using the same motor. Despite being warned in advance, one member bought one but was very disappointed on his ride home by the lack of climb ability. For anyone living in a fairly flat area both these are superb e-bikes with exceptional quality and styling features, but certainly not ones for hills.

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS FOUND THEMSELVES HERE SEEKING MORE INFO ON THE EASY GLIDER:
Having recently purchased an Easy Glider I have with the aid of Google Translator translated the Dutch Manual into English (minus some illustrations).
If anyone would like a copy please email me at: serindipity@lineone.net and I will send you one. Please make your Subject: ' Easy Glider Manual'.
In some of it I have had to make a 'best guess' interpretation so bear this in mind and check the original Dutch manual or contact a Gazelle stockist if you are unsure.
Just a tip: The Innergy manual can be downloaded and has multi-lingual sections. English starts at page 62.

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Yes, the Sparta Ion M-gear is a great e-bike in so many ways. Sadly though that is bought by using a low power direct drive motor and it is a useless hill climber. One reviewer said it just had enough power to pull it's own weight up a steep hill, leaving the rider to do as much as they would on an unpowered bike.

Perhaps not surprising though. It's a Dutch design and originally had no gears for their very flat home market, but after trying it in sales in the UK and being widely criticised for the lack of gears, they added the derailleur and the M-gear name. Didn't make up for the lack of motor power though.

These remarks also apply to the same maker's Koga Minolta e-bike using the same motor. Despite being warned in advance, one member bought one but was very disappointed on his ride home by the lack of climb ability. For anyone living in a fairly flat area both these are superb e-bikes with exceptional quality and styling features, but certainly not ones for hills.
But is this a new model Sparta Ion and, if not, surely it's all been said before:confused: ? I always liked their "battery free" look and quality but was put off by the low power.