Specialized Rockhopper with Bafang 8FUN

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Does the display power up ? .Try removing the battery and refitting .Can you check the brake lever sockets on the main loom [ check not shorted ]

Scott_J

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2015
Does the display power up ? .Try removing the battery and refitting .Can you check the brake lever sockets on the main loom [ check not shorted ]
Yup. Done all that. :(
Totally baffled.
It was working fine with the old levers, but I found they were a bit cheap and nasty, so I decided to keep the Specialized ones, as I liked the feel.

Alas, I may have to send these back. :rolleyes:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
After several attempts with spiders just gave up and bought the lekkie copy bling ring
As the spider nuts rubbed the edge of the motor but not tried that version

Scott_J

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2015
After several attempts with spiders just gave up and bought the lekkie copy bling ring
As the spider nuts rubbed the edge of the motor but not tried that version
Interesting. Thanks for that. ;)
I've been looking for a copy bling ring, but can't find an offset one in the UK.

May I ask, do you have a link?

Thanks.

Scott_J

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2015
Several supplies on ebay in the uk but at twice the price of china
Well, what a few weeks I've had with trying to get copy bling ring from eBay! :rolleyes:

The seller, a company based in Southport (yet sent me emails in Chinese!) sent me the wrong ring and then offered me £5 off, then £13 off and couldn't comprehend that they had sent me the wrong chainring that was of no use to me whatsoever because it wouldn't fit and insisted that I paid for return postage and on, and on, and on... :mad:

Until eBay finally stepped in to pay me back my money.

Alas, I've still not got an offset chainring, so if there is anyone out there in the UK, whom has had successful dealings with an eBay company or knows where I can get a 36 tooth offset chainring for a Bafang 8FUN, then I'm all ears! ;)

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The smallest with an offset is a 42t needs to be this size so it does not hit the motor case. The 36t lekkie is flat copies are that way too

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: egroover

Scott_J

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2015
The smallest with an offset is a 42t needs to be this size so it does not hit the motor case. The 36t lekkie is flat copies are that way too
Will this not fit?

or this?

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Thats a new version ,have not seen or tried yet but my 42t copy was a tight fit almost rubs the motor case
the bottom is a flat type so is the top with no dish at all so its buyer beware if you try either

Last edited:

Scott_J

Pedelecer
Jan 27, 2015
Thats a new version ,have not seen or tried yet but my 42t copy was a tight fit almost rubs the motor case
the bottom is a flat type so is the top with no dish at all so its buyer beware if you try either
OK, thanks Peter.
I'll take a butcher's.. ;)