Split Rim??? Freego Eagle

Aushiker

Pedelecer
Take it to another shop. Any bike shop should be able to fix it.
I agree. Your bike shop clearly hasn't got a clue ... people have been touring on bicycles for years with loads far in excess of your ebike with guess what? Rims and spokes in wheels ... getting a rim is not rocket science. Calculating spoke length and either buying them or cutting them is not something any half decent bike shop should have an issue with.

The manufacturer wouldn't be likely stocking spokes anyway. I cannot recall ever having a bike shop go back to the wheel manufacturer expect in the case of some high end rims I had with an unusual spoke shape and size that needed to be matched. For standard spokes they should be off the shelf or cut to size.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 4366

I mentioned it before, but just in case you didn't get it. Your wheel will have 13g spokes. Most non-electric bikes use 14g or thinner spokes. 14g spokes are more readily available and are perfectly adequate for your bike. I use 14g in all my wheels now, which neally all have motors more powerful than yours and probably carry more weight. Since changing to 14g, I've never had a spoke break.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I mentioned it before, but just in case you didn't get it. Your wheel will have 13g spokes. Most non-electric bikes use 14g or thinner spokes. 14g spokes are more readily available and are perfectly adequate for your bike. I use 14g in all my wheels now, which neally all have motors more powerful than yours and probably carry more weight. Since changing to 14g, I've never had a spoke break.
Ditto, as said before 14 gauge is all I use too, completely without any problems.