Sprint barke cut-out

pgbw

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
I have just disabled the brake cut-out on my wife's Sprint to deal with a faulty switch. I followed the excellent instructions on flecc's site (see Brake Lever Cutouts) . To my surprise, the operation of the cut out on this particular bike was the opposite of that on flecc's - when I removed the connector block from the pcb, the cut-out was disabled, so I didn't have to do soldering (shucks).

I'm posting this so that the unwary may know that there are differences between the models. Maybe this should go to the Sprint info section (can I put it there, or does it need an admin?).

p.s. I mention in passing that I couldn't print out the page off flecc's site - I only got a garbled print of the first section. Is it copy-protected, flecc? - I could work round that, though.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes some are opposite like that, There's no copy protection, it's a problem associated with the web software used. If you check the "problem viewing" link on the home page you'll get the explanation.

pgbw

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Thank you, flecc. I hadn't seen the 'problem viewing', because I tend to scoot around pages - I actually have a book mark or two in your site, but none on the front page, and I don't go there often.

And I shouldn't have made that comment, given that you had provided an explanation. Please accept my apology.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No apology necessary at all pgbw, it could equally be said I shouldn't have hidden it at the foot of the page! :)