Stealth bomber clone ebikes

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Are they worth the money or what to expect as I’m doing more off road stuff now and the fiido m21 needs more power I’ve got the options of a kirby ebike kit around £900 to install a 1500 watt motor . What’s peoples advice

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Don't be fooled by high power motor ratings. They are mostly direct drive motors, as opposed to geared hubs, and are highly inefficient, especially at low speeds,crap at hills and are battery eaters.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
I don’t do off road extreme biking it’s mostly flat grass or tarmac bike ways , so would a 8000 watt
Be sufficient enough for a cruise speed of 45mph ? I don’t want to buy something that will struggle but don’t want a power monster

• Dislike
Reactions: Nealh

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I don’t do off road extreme biking it’s mostly flat grass or tarmac bike ways , so would a 8000 watt
Be sufficient enough for a cruise speed of 45mph ? I don’t want to buy something that will struggle but don’t want a power monster
8000W and 45mph is not suitable for tarmac bikeways where other users may be present.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
8000W and 45mph is not suitable for tarmac bikeways where other users may be present.
We all know the laws in the U.K. so il be sticking to 15mph on bikeways and not riding like a idiot like most . Thank you I do own ebikes so I’m aware of rules and regs

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We all know the laws in the U.K. so il be sticking to 15mph on bikeways and not riding like a idiot like most . Thank you I do own ebikes so I’m aware of rules and regs
So why ask "would a 8000 watt Be sufficient enough for a cruise speed of 45mph ?"?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Even so, no difference to a 125cc motorbike on the same bike path, being driven at 15.5mph.

Does not help the cause of legal pedelecs, nor those who might gently argue for slight relaxation to say 20mph.

• Agree
Reactions: artspeck and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
8kw = 236cc, one is having a laugh. There are other motorcycle/EV sites to ask your question rather then this one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
8kw = 236cc, one is having a laugh. There are other motorcycle/EV sites to ask your question rather then this one.
Freedom of speech and each to own on what they want to ride . This is a ebike forum not just to accommodate one type of user

• Disagree

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
People on here are all to easy to judge why do people comment on posts if they have no positive input or knowledge regards question .

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
This is a ebike forum not just to accommodate one type of user
No, this isn't an ebike forum. This is a pedelec forum. A pedelec is:

"A pedelec (from pedal electric cycle) or EPAC (Electronically Power Assisted Cycles), is a type of low-powered electric bicycle where the rider's pedalling is assisted by a small electric motor. However, unlike some other types of e-bikes, pedelecs are classified as conventional bicycles in many countries by road authorities rather than as a type of electric moped. Pedelecs include an electronic controller which cuts power to the motor when the rider is not pedalling or when a certain speed – usually 25 km/h (16 mph) or 32 km/h (20 mph) – is reached."

That doesn't include a 1500w motor or an 8000w motor capable of 45mph. Your initial post asked for peoples advice, and you've got it.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I'd add one more point about cycle paths.

People venturing onto a cycle path are entitled to expect that they will not encounter anything more powerful than a pedelec. They are entitled to expect the safety that comes from not mixing with more powerful / faster / heavier machines.

I hear what you are saying about being a responsible rider, but that is not enough.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks il seek advice from stealth bomber owners not the ebike police lol
This is a pedelec forum not a motorbike one, you plans fall way outside that of a so called ebike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use to give info on more powerful set ups but have now stopped doing so, due to the nature of this forum/site. We do have a speed pedelec sub forum but even this does not and should not cater for motorcycles, there are other dedicated EV forums for planned power motorcycles and one should make the effort to find them and ask on those forums.

• Agree
Reactions: Benjahmin

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited: