Stolen Batribikes on eBay?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Lorry load of them stolen last October, as posted here

They were taken without batteries, and the ones in the eBay link below are being sold without batteries, 5 of them at well below retail price, this can't be a coincidence surely?

eBay link
Well spotted! I've asked if there is or isn't a battery as the post seems to contradict itself

Also I recall the post but your link goes to ebay? (both of them)

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I emailed them earlier, they are aware, and agree that these are the stolen bikes.
As it happens Ieft them a voicemail also yesterday afternoon. They called me ba K to say thanks and that neither ebay or the police were interested. EBay wouldn't even take them down

However, the seller responded to me confirming they would allow collection (Bradford) and there is no battrry

Someone might wish to turn up allegedy with with cash and then call police?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have been speaking with an Ebay rep and have highlighted the seller/listing and have been told by a chap called Vineet that it is now being looked in to by them, I think all they can do is ban the seller and remove the listing.

Reactions: OliverP

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bike listing has ceased.

Reactions: KirstinS

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
FFS, ebay lister uses copy & paste from Batribike's own website!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Also the other part of the sale was postage £2.90 never going to happen.
I wonder if the sale was scam as well and no one even if they bid would ever see a stolen bike but would be scammed out of their money.

Will they reappear under another bogus sale/seller or simply end up on Gumtree or the like ?

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Without the batteries they'll struggle to sell (only honest thing in the ad was that it was missing the battery) -Looking at the ebay ad's edit record it had first been put up for sale around crimbo and the price had been subsequently bought down a few times.

• Informative
Reactions: KirstinS

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just goes to show Ebay doesn't care whether or not items for sale are products related to crime and don't bar sellers. They are using the same user id.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any one buying one might catch a cold, Batribike if on their game won't sell a battery & charger to someone.

D

Deleted member 25121

I've been exchanging emails with the eBay seller today:
Me: Hi, is the charger included?
farper_86: Hi, battery and charger not included

Me: Hi. Are you selling the battery and charger separately?
farper_86: Hi no we don’t have them with the bikes - it’s just the bike that I’ve got

Me: Hi, that's a pity. How come you're not selling the batteries and chargers that are supplied with them?
farper_86: Hi, the bikes are fully boxed and packed so I’ve not even opened them- when I’d received the bikes I was told there was no battery and charger

Me: Hi. How strange, I've contacted Batribike and they told me that their bikes are always supplied with a battery and charger. Did you buy these directly from Batribike themselves? Maybe you need to tell them that they've forgotten to include the batteries and chargers.
farper_86: Hi, I’ll get in touch with them as not really a bike expert it’s just what I’ve got

Me: Hi. Great, I'd be interested to know how much you'd want for one of these if you were able to provide it complete with battery and charger.
farper_86: Hi, I’d bought them as a job lot online- just checked no battery or charger so will let them go for £500 a piece... RRP COMES TO £1000 plus so had a lot Of interest in the bikes as they are so I will Just let them go

I wonder if he actually contacted Batribike??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not as he's likely part of the gang that nicked them in the first place.

• Disagree
Reactions: ebiker99
D

Deleted member 25121

Probably not.

It's the same seller as before and his claim to have bought them "as a job lot online " is suspicious when he also claims he's "not really a bike expert". Who would buy a job lot of expensive items when they didn't understand what they were buying?

Last edited: