Stromer ST1Platinum.

Simong

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 29, 2013
Aberdeen
Believe it or not I have a Stromer Platinum. Very few if any in this country? Please let me know if anyone else has one. It cost me an arm and a leg to get it over to Scotland, but was so worth doing. I am already thinking of upgrading so was wondering what ppl thought the bike would be worth. Inc import tax and delivery from the U.S, it cost me over £4000. I have had the bike since summer but it has only done 25 miles so is more or less brand new with no marks at all. It has the red frame and suspension folks. It is the best assisted ebike in world as far as I know, but am wanting to upgrade to the Stealth Bomber for more aggressive use. Please give me your ideas on what I should ask for it if I decide to sell. I could add pics if I knew how to? Tnx in advance for any advice.
Simon.
Think I managed to add pics, but they are upside down? Promise you the bike is the right way up haha

Attachments

Last edited:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I am not sure what is is worth but am curious as to why you have only done 25 miles on it.

£4000 for 25 miles seems rather a lot. Is there something wrong with it?

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
I am not sure what is is worth but am curious as to why you have only done 25 miles on it.

Yes, it insists on hanging from the ceiling. Really embarrasing at traffic lights.;)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Simong,

Welcome to the forum.

As you say there are very few if any Stromer bikes in the UK, and as far as I am aware there are no dealers which makes ownership rather difficult if problems arise.

It is possible to buy the same bike new on eBay from Austria for under £3000 EBIKE STROMER ST1 Mountain 33, S-Pedelec bis 33km/h, NEU! | eBay so I think you asking price will need to quite a bit less than that to get a sale in the UK.

I would suggest selling on Ebay and offering it to whole of the EU will give you a much wider audience and a better chance of a sale.

Good luck:)

Simong

Nov 29, 2013
Aberdeen
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I get very impulsive and buy things. I bought the bike thinking that I would not have to put any work into it. I didn't read into before ordering. I want something I can twist and go like the stealth. Simple as that friend.

Simong

Nov 29, 2013
Aberdeen
No I didn't...dddrrr

Didn't try bike first and didn't even really read up on bike. I don't have a road licence so thought there was little chance of getting stopped using on roads. I haven't had much chance to use as the weather is always pants. It seems to shiny to get it dirty in rain. Tnx for replies. 3000 is a good price but then it would cost a fair bit more to get posted from Europe. If I don't sell the bike I was wondering if it is possible to alter boost so that boost goes all the way to thirty instead of stopping at 12.8? Any ideas?

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Advertisers - please remember no commercial posts in this section, it is for member introductions only.
Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Either there's something wrong with yours or the EU version hub motor is geared differently. In the USA even the Elite version does 20 mph and the Platinum is geared for speed at 27 mph.

This website page of Nycewheels, New York has those details on the Descriptions and Specifications tabs.

Maybe a US spec motor wheel would solve the problem.

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi we make a 48 volt 2.500 watt 30 mph bike and a 70 volt 3500 watt bike if you send me a mail at

frank@xipi.co.uk

I will contact a customer in Aberdeen to see if he will let you have a test ride on his 48 volt 2.500 watt 30 MPH bike we delivered the bike about 3 weeks ago

Thanks Frank

Simong

Nov 29, 2013
Aberdeen
What? My bike does 30mph. I said I want the boost to go up to thirty? The boost button allows me to get to 12.8 without pedalling and then assisted it goes up to 30mph. What are you talking about?

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
The bike is rare because it is stupidly overpriced for what it is and does.

Stealth Bomber - same comment.

You want a bike that blows you away then build one like dozens of people on here have - OR - buy one from Xipi (Banbury frank) - who despite his continuing shameless advertising happens to be spot on this time.

As for the value of your second hand plodder - it's whatever you can get someone to pay, after all you paid £4000!

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
What? My bike does 30mph. I said I want the boost to go up to thirty? The boost button allows me to get to 12.8 without pedalling and then assisted it goes up to 30mph. What are you talking about?
27 mph pedal assist. You'll have to help it to get to 27mph.

Having looked at some reviews, looks a terrific bike.
By the sounds of it you are looking for 30 mph unassisted. You will get it on the right bike, just beware of the minimal amount of miles you can run at this speed before going flat.

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
27 mph pedal assist. You'll have to help it to get to 27mph.

Having looked at some reviews, looks a terrific bike.
By the sounds of it you are looking for 30 mph unassisted. You will get it on the right bike, just beware of the minimal amount of miles you can run at this speed before going flat.
Or buy a moped. 30 MPH, no pedalling, but you will need a licence.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Some manners would be good when someone is trying to help you, many people say boost instead of assist. You made no mention of it having a boost button in your earlier posts and I'm not psychic.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
The bike is rare because it is stupidly overpriced for what it is and does.

Stealth Bomber - same comment.

You want a bike that blows you away then build one like dozens of people on here have - OR - buy one from Xipi (Banbury frank) - who despite his continuing shameless advertising happens to be spot on this time.

As for the value of your second hand plodder - it's whatever you can get someone to pay, after all you paid £4000!
I can't agree with you anymore my friend £9000 (Bomber) & £4000 (Stromer) silly prices for those particular make of ebikes. What for?
Again, spending that amount of money you should be made to feel two hundred percent happy.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Some manners would be good when someone is trying to help you, many people say boost instead of assist. You made no mention of it having a boost button in your earlier posts and I'm not psychic.
Flecc, I knew you were going to say that, but you beat me to it.

MS.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For anyone interested and who is frustrated by the inadequate specification details, the Stromer weighs 28.2 kilos including battery, the battery separately 3 kilos. The frame size according to one supplier is 16.5" which seems small.

No, I wasn't interested in one for myself, the details were obtained in another connection.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
I have ridden one , very storckish if that makes sense. Good quality but not for anybody who wants a electric motorbike .
I also own a stealth bomber , which is a different beast altogether , John the owner of stealth shipped mine across a few years ago . Had a few battery issues but goes like stink .
Offroad only as it should only be ridden fully suited and booted , as the speed is crazy.
I use mine instead of an mx bike , making it silent for stalking .