Stunning Mercedes Smart eBike reaches new heights!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If anyone else is interested, I amy happy to dust it off and mend the puncture! :D

It rides like it's brand new, the reason the electrics were changed is because of the upgrades made by Smart, they wanted me to have the bike as perfect as possible.

It's not a bad bike and looks very nice, however I had the choice of riding this or the Wisper SE, I am afraid the Wisper wins hands down every time.

All the best, David

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Your only a few miles from me so I will have another think about it, it was the thought of someone getting dust on a unique limited edition pure designer bike that put me off, would be interested to know if its the 250 watt motor though if the dust isn't too thick.

You can get a dust cover for it here, its only 50 Euros with postage ;-) http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fahrradabdeckung-Abdeckung-Abdeckplane-fur-Smart-ebike-Elektrofahrrad-E-Bike-/201623283632?hash=item2ef1af27b0:g:QSkAAOSwAPlXh7Pj

What about the dirt on the pedals!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
would be interested to know if its the 250 watt motor though if the dust isn't too thick.
With the software upgrade it should be 250 watts.

BionX range is only 250, 250H, 350 and 500 watts. The original 200 watts on the Smart will only have been a software detune of the 250 to comply with the UK's 200 watt EAPC law at that time, since changed to 250 watts.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks flecc ;-)

Does that mean the UK bikes could be upgraded to 350 watt as per the USA model just using software?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks flecc ;-)

Does that mean the UK bikes could be upgraded to 350 watt as per the USA model just using software?
Probably since there were power upgrades, though I've heard of problems following them. We once had a member in Australia, forum name Tex, who was a BionX fan and had these three:

Bionx 350PL Cannondale F700 MTB
Bionx 500HS Cannondale X800 Cyclocross
Bionx 500HS DuraAce 9speed Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

He reported those problems on doing upgrades but I have no further details and he hasn't been in here since 2011.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Come on mate, don't degrade yourself like that :rolleyes:
He's shown previously that making prat of himself comes naturally.
Sadly he is back thought we had got rid :rolleyes:.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
So, Smart eBiker, just to recap, please can you tell us again what drew you to purchase your designer Mercedes Smart eBike.

Ignore all the haters. I get just as much grief when I mention how I enjoy to hoon around my private estate on my unrestricted multi kW ebike. It's understandable though - we can't all be part of the land owning classes.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
So, Smart eBiker, just to recap, please can you tell us again what drew you to purchase your designer Mercedes Smart eBike.
Pure snobbery.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Apologies for being away for a couple of days, been out on the bike, and more importantly, ordering my new shiny JET BLACK Apple iPhone 7 Plus with a massive 256GB of storage, I had read about the issue of the Jet black being delicate and having the possibility of getting scratched, I am pretty careful and use fine Nodus products on all my iPads and phones, so have ordered a couple of Nodus Access cases in black, one for the jet black and another for the standard black 7 plus that I bought as well at the same time as a spare, its exactly the same spec and was easier to get both than have sleepless nights over which black to buy :)

I would be interested to know if any of you have had black and if so your experiences, also if you have ordered a new 7 and what colour you went for. I am aware of the fingering issue, but had a space grey and that had dull finger marks all over it, so as I keep my pedals clean I am sure I will be able to keep my black phones clean :) I ordered the moment the lines opened but still won't have a phone on launch date, the black is due 27th - 20th Sept and the Jet black 4th - 10th Oct, I really wanted it on day one to show off with so am pretty annoyed, but will just have to wait now :-(

If you want to watch how the jet black is made check this out http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/

Attachments

• Dislike
Reactions: EddieH and EddiePJ