STVZO Lights (with lenses)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My one arrived over a week ago (100 lux) and got round to fitting/wring it yesterday, tonight cycled around to Lidl and they are super bright (and that is on night lit town roads), can imagine on totally unlit roads they will light up the dark light something from Close Encounters. Nicely lights up the road and way ahead without to much spread out side of the general direction of travel, this one replaces the similar one I got from PSWPower with a complete KT kit and is a substantially superior upgrade.
I got the three wire one with horn as my KT controller has the wiring outlet for one, horn is loud but sounds totally naff.
Any one wanting a bright day time light for riding this I think would fit the bill very nicely, if you just get the light only option one then you don't need a light switch a sit has one on the rear.

Last edited:
Reactions: OBOne

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
My one arrived over a week ago (100 lux) and got round to fitting/wring it yesterday, tonight cycled around to Lidl and they are super bright (and that is on night lit town roads), can imagine on totally unlit roads they will light up the dark light something from Close Encounters. Nicely lights up the road and way ahead without to much spread out side of the general direction of travel, this one replaces the similar one I got from PSWPower with a complete KT kit and is a substantially superior upgrade.
I got the three wire one with horn as my KT controller has the wiring outlet for one, horn is loud but sounds totally naff.
Any one wanting a bright day time light for riding this I think would fit the bill very nicely, if you just get the light only option one then you don't need a light switch a sit has one on the rear.
try going down hill off road in the pitch black that tiny dot wont help much.

but it is better than nothing :p

Flumpet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 3, 2019
Well I've ordered one of the supposedly 120 lux Chinese ones. Will post back when I've tested it with some beam pattern photos.
Has it turned up? - how long did it take, I've just ordered one...

Flumpet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 3, 2019
Did you get it from the seller advertised in the first post? How long did it take to turn up? I've just ordered one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep, used Onature on Aliexp have used them before. I got the 100 lux ones.
I received mine in 6 days which is excellent for sellers on there.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Can you give an idea of price & delivery time?
Thanks
Jimo
It will be around £200 inc postage and VAT import duty etc i do not know how long for delivery as they are currently out of stock of the road version

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
It will be around £200 inc postage and VAT import duty etc i do not know how long for delivery as they are currently out of stock of the road version
Thanks, it’s too expensive for me as at 82 I wouldn’t premeditatedly ride at night.

Jimo

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
That's a ridiculous price to pay for a cycle light.Plenty of Chinese quality lights to be had of good price!

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
That's a ridiculous price to pay for a cycle light.Plenty of Chinese quality lights to be had of good price!
Every chinese light light i have ever bought including torches are nowhere near the quoted lumens output and also battery life is usually not as long as the advertised time its a get what you pay for life around £50 of the Outbound light is postage and Vat.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you get what you pay for but you really cant get one led to pump out 6000lm in a tiny bike light the heat alone will nuke it in seconds with no heat sink.

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
I got & fitted a set of these lights.
My feedback
BILD2785.JPG
Front light - I purchased the one with a switch, which is easily accessible whilst cycling.
Advantages - nice & bright on unlit country roads - sufficient for say 15mph, I would use additional lights for travelling farher or faster.
Disadvatages - the front mudguard casts & shadow. Also because of its height the lens gets dirty. So after a ride a quick wipe after cleaning the front forks.
BILD2787.JPG
Back light- nice & bright.

Both lights - either on or off, no flashing option.
So my removeable internal battery lights will still be used.

ps I purchased from AliExpress - total cost £19.70, then Royal Mail charged £3.02 import VAT & £8.00 fee. So for anything over £15.00 it makes sense to consider ebay/amazon/etc.

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
In order to power these lights I need to access the main battery. I had been considering this for six years, but never felt comfortable, until I was forced to change the battery.

The new battery came with bare leads, so I purchased a set of Anderson connectors to match the existing Motor leads. It was only as I was doing this that I realised the qualities of these connectors.

So I purchased some XT60 connectors, which then provided the solution as to how to splice a power take off without cutting into the cable.
BILD2788.JPGBILD2789.JPG

This simple 2-1 adaptor lets you run a power lead off the battery.

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
When using the XT60s its best to have both parts connected, so that when soldering the pin does not move.

I used this adaptor (as I wasn't sure which type would fit on my bike the best) as the other part.
a- It makes it easy to ensure you solder the correct coloured wire
b-It acts as a heat sink, allowing enough heat to solder but stopping the plastic melting.
BILD2790.JPG

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
Finally my solution to the fuse box.
I ran the wires into a waterproof box.
Used an inline fuse holder
This is still a work in progress hence the screwed connectors, as I intend to add additional electrical items as & when needed.
BILD2786.JPG

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Both lights - either on or off, no flashing option.
They wouldn't be STVZO if they flashed, both French and German road codes require fixed (non flashing) lights on bicycles.

Personally I don't find flashing lights to be a security feature, for me blinding, flashing over powered front white LEDs are a danger when I am behind the wheel of the car. I find myself looking away from the oncoming bike to prevent being dazzled/blinded and looking away isn't a safety feature IMVHO. Much the same with some over powered rear lights.

Orange flashing lights mean something to a car driver - either hazard/warning lights or change of direction. I would suggest that orange blinking lights fitted to a bike are a much better option than flashing white or red.

trevor brooker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2018
maidstone
blinding, flashing over powered front white LEDs are a danger when I am behind the wheel of the car. I find myself looking away from the oncoming bike to prevent being dazzled/blinded and looking away isn't a safety feature IMVHO.
Agreed - I use the original low powered LEDs for flashing.

I think that studies have shown that flashing lights are more likely to be seen, but they only need to be seen not blind.

• Agree
Reactions: KirstinS

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think that studies have shown that flashing lights are more likely to be seen
I think they also show that it is more difficult to estimate distance to a flashing light. I think the suggestions of a stronger (but not blinding) non-flashing light with a weaker flashing one is probably the best.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I think they also show that it is more difficult to estimate distance to a flashing light. I think the suggestions of a stronger (but not blinding) non-flashing light with a weaker flashing one is probably the best.
Agree
Only difference with me is I only use a flashing light in the day time steady lights at night only as judging a bikes distance as you say with a flashing light at night is a nightmare for other road users

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Got to disagree
A good quality light will last a cheap one won't
I bought an exposure ten years ago and it's still going
If it packed up tomorrow it owes me nothing
Another difference is if it does pack up they will repair it
can't beat quality .

Reactions: Peddlin' Pedro