suitable wing mirrors

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I tried one of those MB cams with the front and rear uints , unless one has a anti glare cover then in sunlight one can't see a thing. If you shield the screen then you invarialy won't see anything any way.
The only use may be the recording feature should some one have you off.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I tried one of those MB cams with the front and rear uints , unless one has a anti glare cover then in sunlight one can't see a thing. If you shield the screen then you invarialy won't see anything any way.
If using a phone and action camera with a webcam function connected via USB, perhaps a sun visor/hood of some sort would help? Some GoPros will monitor wirelessly.

walmart

Last edited:

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
This is the answer to sunlight problems, although they will introduce other challenges.

FF632C76-A486-4A9C-995A-D1D20E03F87C.jpeg

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Dam now Im stuck with those handlebar mirrors cant have them now as the throttle is part of those end caps. Ive tried turning that black Allen nut but seems it burs the plastic when trying to undo it, as can get a proper key to fit right. Im not going to remove the throttle as the bike is still new. it looks then I will have to return the mirrors for handle bar types

I should have checked this before I ordered the mirrors hope seller will accept a return, maybe he also sells other wing mirrors

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Dam now Im stuck with those handlebar mirrors cant have them now as the throttle is part of those end caps. Ive tried turning that black Allen nut but seems it burs the plastic when trying to undo it, as can get a proper key to fit right. Im not going to remove the throttle as the bike is still new. it looks then I will have to return the mirrors for handle bar types

The bolt is for show, not a real bolt? If that entire end is plastic, you may still be able to cut that end off to fit an end-bar mirror, but you'd have to take the throttle off and inspect it, to make sure it'd still work. That particular seller is pretty good (I've ordered brake pads from them several times), maybe you can keep the left and get a partial refund for the right? If you're going to keep the left, don't open the packaging until the seller has answered, obvs.

I should have checked this before I ordered the mirrors hope seller will accept a return, maybe he also sells other wing mirrors
I think the next time you ask a question, I will start with "DON'T BUY ANYTHING YET!"

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The bolt is for show, not a real bolt? That particular seller is pretty good (I've ordered brake pads from them several times), maybe you can keep the left and get a partial refund for the right? If you're going to keep the left, don't open the packaging until the seller has answered, obvs.

I think the next time you ask a question, I will start with "DON'T BUY ANYTHING YET!" lol
Yes I should have checked bike 1st. are well we all make mistakes as the hedgehog said to the wire brush :D
no point in keeping the left one as same thing. well that would probably come off, But to be honest I don't really think you need a left mirror, but then maybe you do.

I see the seller has these mirrors maybe i can do an exchange if not try another seller as I've not received the mirrors yet I think its tomorrow they will arrive. I will pick another pair and see what he says ones for handlebars not ends. if i get long stems should be ok

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=laxzo&_oac=1&_nkw=bicycle mirrors

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
no point in keeping the left one as same thing. well that would probably come off, But to be honest I don't really think you need a left mirror, but then maybe you do.
My left is useful on big roundabouts, and when I'm switching lanes on wide roads.

You'll be looking at your arm - I've tried something similar, I don't think those extend out to the side far enough. They did extend sufficiently out, when I joined two together, but looked daft - I've still got that useless junk somewhere, that you could buy? A million each +P&P, obvs. I accept Paypal.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Its such a pity I can't have the extended mirrors
If it were my bike, I'd take the throttle off (looks likely a sleeve secured to the handlebar at the other end of the throttle), and have a good look inside and measure, to see if cutting the end off, or drilling a hole through, would leave the throttle functioning.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: esuark

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If it were my bike, I'd take the throttle off (looks likely a sleeve secured to the handlebar at the other end of the throttle), and have a good look inside to see if cutting the end off, or drilling a hole through, would leave the throttle functioning.
Nar thanks for the Advice, But I'm not messing with the throttle as Bike is still under guarantee for a year, so don't want to mess with stuff. I may get long arm mirrors so they stick out more

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Nar thanks for the Advice, But I'm not messing with the throttle as Bike is still under guarantee for a year, so don't want to mess with stuff. I may get long arm mirrors so they stick out more
I did eventually find long arm mirrors intended for motorbikes, but decided to try the Zefals to save weight. Much Googling required methinks.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I see the seller has these mirrors maybe i can do an exchange
It's simpler to get a refund first, prevents problems if the replacements have issues.

The same seller has these, which I would have tried next, if the end-bar Zefals hadn't turned out to be any good:

Left:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It's simpler to get a refund first, prevents problems if the replacements have issues.

The same seller has these, which I would have tried next, if the end-bar Zefals hadn't turned out to be any good:

Left:

Yes they look much better Will see about a refund 1st then once thats gone through, then will buy these as its same seller. thanks Guerney for your help

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
No its dearer as amazon charge another £4.99 PP as I dont have prime so its £16.12 just for 1 mirror so if i buy a pair its £15.96 x 2 = £31.92
You get the option for free delivery during the checkout process if you buy both, as the order is over £20 (dispatches from and sold by Amazon).

I applied cheapo 100mm wide reflective tape on the mirror fronts:

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You get the option for free delivery during the checkout process if you buy both, as the order is over £20 (dispatches from and sold by Amazon).

I applied cheapo 100mm wide reflective tape on the mirror fronts:

Well i just added to basket left and right from amazon and its still £4.99 PP